Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
row by row purchase >

row by row purchase

row by row purchase

Old 07-10-2016, 05:05 AM

I enjoy collecting the rows mostly because I understand all the work that the shop owners puts into this project to get people into their stores it takes lots of hard work to have a successful quilt shop when they sign up for this they have to design and create their own pattern and then spend lots of time cutting all those kits so I do enjoy checking them out and going where I can , picking up the ones I really like then if any of them has any left over after the first of Nov. I call or email and will buy it then so have fun visiting the stores it is great inspiration
Old 07-10-2016, 05:43 AM

A lot of the shops around here will take your name etc to send them out when the time comes to sell them.There are several I would like to have that are way too far away for me.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:18 AM

I would send any I have that I would share. I live in southern Ohio. I have Silk Road, Sew Easy, Seams So Easy, Quilters Studio, Stitches, Quilt Cabin. I will probably have Fabric Shack, Valley Quilts and Cotton Junky later this week. I would love to have the one from Alamosa Quilt Company in Colorado and Quilters Dream in Loveland Colorado.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:19 AM

Debbie
love the animals on the row by row! which shop was this from?
Attached Thumbnails 553681d1468112633-img_2928.jpg  

Last edited by cavmom; 07-10-2016 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:04 AM

I have done Row by Row now for 3 years and have enjoyed it immensely. The goal is to get customers to visit the quilt shop and hence the rules that are in place. There are so many shops involved each with interesting rows it is not the end of the world if you can't get to one. Embrace the adventure in the manner it was conceived and have fun visiting the shops you can.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by ArlaJo View Post
If you can find someone in the area that you can have buy it for you, you have it made. My sister and I are buying 10 each for each other as we live in different states. I guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Spokane WA because I really want one that is for sale there. I wouldn't ask a store to send me one. That's defeating their purpose, to get shoppers into the store. Anyone that wants one from the Seattle, Olympia area, I would trade from your area. Just sayin'.
I'm going to be in Spokane on Tuesday, July 12...what store is the Row by Row you are looking for? I may be able to save you a trip!
Old 07-10-2016, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
ManiacQuilter .... However, if a shop is caught not following the rules .... they are eliminated from the RxR program, including their rows not being countable for those competing for the LQS prizes! ..... and it does happen, as one of the stores in BC were removed and shamed on the RxR-FB site! Not good for that store, or their customers.
Just to set the record straight, after messaging with QuiltE, I think there was a misunderstanding. The shop in BC was not shamed as they did nothing wrong. They were removed from the Row by Row because the owner passed away and the shop is closed at the moment; and therefore the shop could not be considered a participating shop.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Thank you ThimbleBug for clearing this up.

It saddens me as to the wording that RxR-FB chose to use.
Truly, I feel they could have been a little more sensitive.
By not noting the reasons for removal from RxR participation (death and shop closure until further notice), it could be read that their removal was because their RxR patterns were available at another shop.

At the time I posted to this thread, I did not know the "rest" of the story.
My apologies for any confusion that I have caused.

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-10-2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:32 PM

I want 2 of the kits from SewEz2... Its the outer space one with planet earth. I will pay for them and meet somewhere on the coast to get them.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:41 PM

the holly hill quilt shoppe in west linn, oregon is selling a kit for theirs starting in November. just google the site. they are taking pre-orders now.

also if you google "kits for sale for row by row 2016", you will find other shops selling their kits starting in November.

Last edited by CookieZenmilk; 07-10-2016 at 04:49 PM.