Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
row by row purchase >

row by row purchase

row by row purchase

Old 07-08-2016, 07:01 PM

Default row by row purchase

I have been thinking about a few row by row quilt pieces I want. You can not buy them without a visit to that quilt shop, the lady told me till fall maybe. It says not to call and ask shop owners. How about email them and ask if they any left to email at the right time and I will order it from their store. Should I try this?
It is really a nice thing.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-09-2016 at 01:36 AM. Reason: PM
Old 07-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

A lot of the stores will take your order and payment now to reserve your kit ..... but they are not allowed to mail it to you until November 1st.

The concept of RxR was to get us into the stores ... thus why they put the kits and patterns in hibernation after the summer, until after October, when the quilt competition is completed. You can read more about their "rules" on the RxR website.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:12 PM

There is a row by row page it gives stores and a pictured of their patterns. Look at row by row quilts shops.
I have picked the mountain and the crabs. In two VA stores 3 hours one way and 3 hours the opposite direction. I was able to go to one 40 min. away. I got a farm setting row.
You get the pattern free and paid for the precut fabric in a kit. Mine was pattern free and 19.95 for row kit (fabric pieces you need).

Last edited by sherian; 07-08-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

That is what the rules says, but do you really think a shop owner doesn't want to sell her wares?? I see kits and fabric for sale online. Check to see if the stores have an online presence on the internet. This row by row is to encourage us quilters to BUY quilting kits, fabric and anything else that is in the store. Good luck and have fun!
Old 07-09-2016, 06:37 AM

If you can find someone in the area that you can have buy it for you, you have it made. My sister and I are buying 10 each for each other as we live in different states. I guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Spokane WA because I really want one that is for sale there. I wouldn't ask a store to send me one. That's defeating their purpose, to get shoppers into the store. Anyone that wants one from the Seattle, Olympia area, I would trade from your area. Just sayin'.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:05 PM

I feel a road trip coming on!!
Old 07-09-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
That is what the rules says, but do you really think a shop owner doesn't want to sell her wares?? I see kits and fabric for sale online. Check to see if the stores have an online presence on the internet. This row by row is to encourage us quilters to BUY quilting kits, fabric and anything else that is in the store. Good luck and have fun!
the purpose for RxR is to get walkin traffic and customers. Otherwise why put all of the prep work into this event.
Sandy
Old 07-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
ManiacQuilter .... However, if a shop is caught not following the rules .... they are eliminated from the RxR program, including their rows not being countable for those competing for the LQS prizes! ..... and it does happen, as one of the stores in BC were removed and shamed on the RxR-FB site! Not good for that store, or their customers.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
ManiacQuilter .... However, if a shop is caught not following the rules .... they are eliminated from the RxR program, including their rows not being countable for those competing for the LQS prizes! ..... and it does happen, as one of the stores in BC were removed and shamed on the RxR-FB site! Not good for that store, or their customers.
The pattern is free, the kits are not. Where I work we take emails so we have the date received and when the time is up we can send out patterns and or kits. This is the row by row I did.
Attached Thumbnails img_2928.jpg  
Old 07-09-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ArlaJo View Post
If you can find someone in the area that you can have buy it for you, you have it made. My sister and I are buying 10 each for each other as we live in different states. I guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Spokane WA because I really want one that is for sale there. I wouldn't ask a store to send me one. That's defeating their purpose, to get shoppers into the store. Anyone that wants one from the Seattle, Olympia area, I would trade from your area. Just sayin'.
Which one in Spokane are you interested in? the pattern or the kit?