Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rulers that were a waste of money?

Someone once gave me a 24 x 1 1/2 inch ruler. I haven't found a use for it yet, but, hi, I've only had it for about 5 years - surely something will come up that I will need it.

I have a triangle ruler that I never used.

I bought the Dritz See-Thru Dressmaker's Ruler as it had slits at different measurements. 1/4', 1/2" etc. I thought it would help with marking for the 1/4" seams. It did not say "Quilter's Ruler"!

The spaces are so wide, it is useless.
    http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/dritz-dr-621.php

Last week I used the 1/4" tape by Collins on a quilt I was making. I couldn't remove it after sewing even though I didn't sew on the tape itself. When I called Collins, they told me it was actually made by Dritz.

I also had a problem with a seam ripper they made, the little round ball fell off.

I will never buy one of their products again, at least no knowingly!

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjpf
    I have a triangle ruler that I have never used. Saw it in a demo at a quilt show and looked so fun when they did it. Got it home and wondered where my head was when I bought it.
    LOL, that sounds just like me. Have done that so many times on different things............

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    Someone once gave me a 24 x 1 1/2 inch ruler. I haven't found a use for it yet, but, hi, I've only had it for about 5 years - surely something will come up that I will need it.
    ROFL!! :)

I have a ruler thingy that fits over cording or a zipper to trim a quarter inch seam. Why did I even buy that thing? Saw it used at a purse demonstration and thought "Oh this is what I need." :roll:

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    I have a ruler thingy that fits over cording or a zipper to trim a quarter inch seam. Why did I even buy that thing? Saw it used at a purse demonstration and thought "Oh this is what I need." :roll:
    I use mine often! I guess once you use it a couple of times, it sure makes things easier.

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    They gave it away because they cut off the end of a finger, and wanted to share in the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    I use mine often! I guess once you use it a couple of times, it sure makes things easier.
    I know this sounds like a dumb question, but do you use it in quilt making? I don't sew on zippers or cordings anymore, so I've never really tried to use it in any other way.

I don't have many rulers and I use most of them. I did buy a dresden plate one I haven't used yet. Someday....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast