Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: In a slump!!! How can I get back in the swing of things?

Blog Entries
    I don't know what's wrong with me. For about a month now, I haven't wanted to work on anything. I pick up something and work a minute and put it back down and get something else. Then I put it down. I can't seem to get back in the groove of things. I've had a lot going on in my life that I've had to deal with but around here, that's normal. I just can't seem to get my desire to quilt back. Maybe I'm burned out. Do any of yall ever feel this way???? How can I get that DESIRE back??? Help!!

Blog Entries
    You need a small quick project. How about Happy Daisies? http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58236-1.htm

Sometimes that happens..I look at it as recharging your creative batteries. When it happens to me ~ one day out of the blue I start something and sew for a week nonstop almost. =) then I might put it down and its 3 months before I sew again.

Blog Entries
    Yep - I get that way often - I feel like a need a 'block' of time to do something.

So when I'm in the mood you're in - I clean and organize. Then when I have that 'block' of time - I'm all ready to go.
    I think that handling fabrics helps!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Yes, I do get this way and understand your frustration.
    The only advice I have is to just enjoy the board for awhile. Maybe something will inspire you.
    Even if I'm not working on anything I think about quilting all day every day :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
    I don't know what's wrong with me. For about a month now, I haven't wanted to work on anything. I pick up something and work a minute and put it back down and get something else. Then I put it down. I can't seem to get back in the groove of things. I've had a lot going on in my life that I've had to deal with but around here, that's normal. I just can't seem to get my desire to quilt back. Maybe I'm burned out. Do any of yall ever feel this way???? How can I get that DESIRE back??? Help!!
    Yep, I've been there. Right now I have a lot going and have a couple projects I wanted to do for Christmas, but they're on the back burner. I am not even allowing myself to think of sewing, though I would love to. Sometimes when I get like you are right now, I get a quilting magazine or book and just start looking at pictures, or reading about a new technique I might like to try. It usually gets me fired up enough to start on a small project; and soon I am back in the swing. Good luck getting the desire back, but don't worry if it takes a while, it'll come.

I agree: enjoy the board. But then find a friend to sew with. You'll have girl time which is very important for one's mental and physical health and also get back into sewing. Well, you might even close the sweat shop and go buy more fabric. Sometimes that is a real shot in the arm too!

Seems to happen to me every fall. I just get the desire to knit instead of quilting. So I have several knitting projects going on at the moment, along with the quilts that need to get themselves finished in the next couple of weeks, at least the tops are done and they are small ones. Just ride it out until something strikes your fancy and you just have to make it. I figure in the next week or so, I will be back to quilting again.

Blog Entries
    For me it helps to have a friend over or a new toy...my Go...that motivated me. I also found a woman to do the meandering for a wonderful price so I want to get another one done. It helps to set a goal - a gift for a person and use fabrics of what their hobbies and likes are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    You need a small quick project. How about Happy Daisies? http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58236-1.htm
    I saw this when it was posted and thought then it was something I'd like to do . Thanks for reminding me. Might be just what the doctor ordered.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast