Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In a slump!!! How can I get back in the swing of things? >

In a slump!!! How can I get back in the swing of things?

In a slump!!! How can I get back in the swing of things?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:37 PM

WOw! A year !! I think if I was in a funk for a year, I'd force myself to take some classes or something. Maybe I'd even spend a week at the John C Campbell Folk School!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:38 PM

Not to worry.....I sometimes shut down all sewing and move on to another kind of craft project and eventually I tire of it and look for another kind of project. At some point, it's back to sewing or quilting. Can't force yourself to do your quilting, sewing or crafting if you're not in the mood; I think more mistakes are made. And when it comes to sewing or quilting that means I end up ripping out more stitches than I put in!!! LOL
Old 11-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Yes, I do get this way and understand your frustration.
The only advice I have is to just enjoy the board for awhile. Maybe something will inspire you.
Even if I'm not working on anything I think about quilting all day every day :)
Don't fall for this...it is a trap. LOL Before you know it, you will be rapidly scanning these boards, going "Oh, isn't that beautiful", then you'll be on line ordering patterns, the patterns arrive, you rip them open, now you need fabric because you just don't have the "right piece" in your stash. and since you're already at the fabric store and oh look there's a sale! Don't ask me how I know! 8-)
Old 11-24-2010, 12:44 PM

[quote=sewTinker]
Originally Posted by And my DH has stacked blocks all over my machine table. Girls, I may have accidently stumbled on to part of my problem. MY DH is taking OVER!! He has fabric and blocks everywhere!!!! Its driving me nuts!![/quote

there's your problem! absolutely without a Doubt! I've read about husbands on this board who catch their wives' quilting passion. And I think, "oh but wouldn't it be fun if my DH & I did this together..." then reality slaps me upside the head and I shake that little dream Out as quick as I can. lol... If he wanted to join me in this passion he would have to get his own apartment first. heh-heh
So you're saying I should think twice before saying "Hey Hon, I really think you could do this! :shock:
Old 11-24-2010, 01:55 PM

I am in a bit of a slump right now....pushed myself a bit to hard and my back has been hurting because of the cold weather. I sit at the sewing table stairing at the fabric and wishing it would cut it and sew it's self!! Hehehehe
Old 11-26-2010, 07:43 AM

I once was told that when you have a heavy weight hanging over your head to decide what the WORST thing that could happen regarding this situation. Decide how you would resolve this worst scenario and then you will be able to move on. I find that heavy weights on my mind keep me from doing everything well including cooking, cleaning etc. This advice has helped me tremendously. Good luck and happy sewing!