Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So my EQ7 came. Should I open it? >

So my EQ7 came. Should I open it?

So my EQ7 came. Should I open it?

Old 07-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

That is great. Enjoy your new toy. I just finished drawing this quilt. I saw it the other day on an old post and come to find out, I had the magazine. But it was much too large of a quilt being 93" square. So I was able to take the pattern and down size it to 56"x66". Be sure to register you program and start downloading the free fabrics and projects on their website!
Attached Thumbnails rainbow-road.jpg  
Old 07-24-2016, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
That is great. Enjoy your new toy. I just finished drawing this quilt. I saw it the other day on an old post and come to find out, I had the magazine. But it was much too large of a quilt being 93" square. So I was able to take the pattern and down size it to 56"x66". Be sure to register you program and start downloading the free fabrics and projects on their website!
I love that quilt. Thanks for sharing.

And I DID. I downloaded all the fabrics they had. I downloaded every single one of them. I also went to Kaufman's site and was encouraged when I saw the Elizabeth Hardman fabrics were packaged into a download. But so far, I found that those are the only ones (at the Kaufman site). The rest require the old right click on every swatch technique ;-). And yeah, I did get some of the Lunn/Mrowka fabrics that way.

I was also happy to see that all of the Fossil Fern fabrics were included in the EQ7 built in library, but I didn't like how they did the repeats. So I may actually scan some of my own.

Happy-happy, joy-joy-joy ;-).

Last edited by TeresaA; 07-24-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:43 AM

That's great.

Funny thing, though , I just saw an ad for EQ8 this morning in my email. You were right with your hunch about opening 7.

KIDDING!! KIDDING!! Just messin' with ya.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

My granddaughter saw the EQ7 program on my computer and said asked what it was. I told her it was a quilt program. She opened it and I didn't pay much attention but a few hours later she said I designed some quilts I like and you can make one or all for me. LOL.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
That's great.

Funny thing, though , I just saw an ad for EQ8 this morning in my email. You were right with your hunch about opening 7.

KIDDING!! KIDDING!! Just messin' with ya.
No, seriously, expect it next week!
Old 07-24-2016, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
My granddaughter saw the EQ7 program on my computer and said asked what it was. I told her it was a quilt program. She opened it and I didn't pay much attention but a few hours later she said I designed some quilts I like and you can make one or all for me. LOL.
Ha-ha-ha, that's when you tell her you'll teach her how to sew ;-).
Old 07-24-2016, 05:17 PM

Open it and use it; such fun! I have EQ5 and use it all the time and have never felt the need to upgrade as it does all I require in my quilting pursuits. Today, I used it to change the border on a quilt I’m just sewing the blocks for now and I am so glad I did. I just love my second version. However, it is v.5 and not 7. Maybe I should have upgraded as I would like to reproduce that antique hexagon quilt I saw in another post that used wedges, it was so pretty. Anyone know if EQ7 can put hexagon blocks together?

Last edited by abc123retired; 07-24-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
I worked in the computer profession for many years too, often in procurement, so I know about pricing volatility. The stickler about EQ7 is it is SIX years old. That is ancient in the computer world. Something is coming over the horizon, you can bet.

But yep, EQ7 has some fun things that I can use right now. I keep thinking that maybe I can get by with Illustrator. But Illustrator can't auto print templates with seam allowances, sooooo.

I should enjoy what I can do now. Life is short. Besides, you all need an upgrade. I should open my software and expedite the announcement.

I wish we had a "like" button. So many fun responses.
My EQ7 provider tells me there are no plans for an update so, go, enjoy it; it's fabulous!
Old 07-27-2016, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by abc123retired View Post
Anyone know if EQ7 can put hexagon blocks together?
Yes you can. In the selection of "New Quilt" you select "One Block" and a standard hexagons quilt layout of 12 hexes by 24 hexes will appear. You can set to length of the side to a variety of widths.
Attached Thumbnails gfg-eq7.jpg  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:50 AM

Thanks! But can one design the hexagon block. The one I saw was made of wedges and that is what I can’t reproduce in EQ5.