Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sofa Runner >

Sofa Runner

Sofa Runner

Old 11-06-2010, 11:07 AM

I made this sofa runner to keep the doggie footprints off the new loveseat, and now I can't decide how to quilt the center part. It is a lot of open space with Maple leaf blocks on each end. Some turquoise narrow borders and a darker brown outer border. Do you think it would be enough to just do a large meander? Or should I get more intricate with it since there is so much free space? Help guys, I need some inspiration
Old 11-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
I made this sofa runner to keep the doggie footprints off the new loveseat, and now I can't decide how to quilt the center part. It is a lot of open space with Maple leaf blocks on each end. Some turquoise narrow borders and a darker brown outer border. Do you think it would be enough to just do a large meander? Or should I get more intricate with it since there is so much free space? Help guys, I need some inspiration
Can you post a picture? It would make it much easier to make suggestions if we could see it.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:39 AM

I think you should consider how often you are going to launder this - that may influence how close you want your quilting to be. Meandering or some other all-over pattern should be fine.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
RST

I take it that the dogs will be sitting on this? If your dogs are like mine, that means frequent laundering, so I would do enough quilting to make it very stable and sturdy, but not so much that you've invested a lot of time and effort and will grit your teeth every time the dog jumps onto it. A meander could fit the bill, but I'd probably do a fairly close one.

RST
Old 11-06-2010, 12:01 PM

If the dogs will be on it , I'd not put a lot of effort in it.Just make it to stand up to frequent washing.Maybe a grid pattern would work.

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
Old 11-06-2010, 12:46 PM

I guess the dogs ate it! :)

No pic.