Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" >

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Old 12-19-2009, 06:30 AM

i'm still working on gifts--table runners and potholder sets--almost done will finish. rag quilt, got the blocks cut need to sew, hopefully i will finish otherwise i'll have to go out and buy something! I so hope that i can finish all of these projects before christmas. next year i'm going to start way earlier so that i'm not so rushed to finish!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:35 AM

I have one lap quilt done...just needs to be washed. Another has the binding cut out and I'll put it on today. Need to cut binding for one more and put that one on. then i have a wall hanging to finish but I don't need to have it done till after Christmas. Oh and I still have a set of alphabet blocks to finish, a housecoat to make, and some Bible covers to make. Yea, I'm NOT stressing!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:43 AM

I am making purses for my daughter and daughter-in-law. The actual bag is finished, but there are some extras that go with them that aren't. Almost there!

I have to cut fringe on son-in-law's penguin polar fleece blanket. That is an evening TV project.

I added a new project yesterday...I know, I'm nuts...but we have a new baby on the way. His mommy is new to our family and not feeling very comfortable. She wants some really soft blankets. I am going to give one for Christmas, even though the child isn't here...just to ease things with mommy!

Other than that, I'm done!

Oh, I haven't started wrapping anything, but it isn't Christmas Eve yet! I'm not stressed in any way!!!!! eeeeekkkk!!!

Marilyn
Paintbrushbrown
Old 12-19-2009, 06:56 AM

So glad to see that I am not the only one. It seems no matter how early i start i always get down to the wire. It also amazes me how much a person can get done, if working with a time limit!

Okay, I had better get back to quilting.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:03 AM

I am almost finished sewing the binding on a lap quilt. I have a queen size quilt to sew the binding on and I just started cutting out a twin quilt for my DH for Christmas!!! All presents are purchased and mostly wrapped.

Next year, ya whatever!!!!!! I will be in the same boat no matter what I tell myself!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 07:09 AM

I thought I was done but was watching Quilters TV with El Burns doing Christmas at Bears Paw Ranch.
Got back in the mood and now am rushing to get a wall hanging done.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:16 AM

My house is decorated, the cards are mailed, only 3 gifts left to purchase and most of the wrapping is accomplished.

But...........this weekend is all about sewing because I still need to.......

1-make pincushion/scrap catchers and sewing machine covers for 2 friends
2-make a purse for my mom
3-make an apron, tote and 2 pillowcases for my niece
4-quilt and bind a lap quilt

Oh, yes........I am going to be a sewing fool this weekend!!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 07:29 AM

I have a tree skirt sitting in my sewing room that is 3/4 done......and I have picked out patterns to make everyone new Christmas stockings.......for NEXT Christmas.

I am fairly new to this and made myself a promise that I would not turn this into another JOB!! Looking forward to some time off of work after Christmas when I can hibernate for a few days in my sewing room.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:00 AM

I put 5 quilts in the mail last week and have 6 pillow cases to be wrapped. Two of the quilts were from downy.com. I have 2 more kits, but they will wait until after Christmas. I love to quilt, but don't enjoy the commercial aspect of the season. My biggest outlay besides Salvation Army and the Network of Communities is going to be the deductible on my car insurance because of a wreck last week. I live for the new year!! Hope ya'lll complete your projects in time. Not to worry a late quilt project is always loved!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:22 AM

I finished the Sampler Quilt for our son and daughter-in-law, got it washed and dried - it looks so cozy and froofy! (New word here, but you all know what a froofy new quilt looks like - and it'll never look like that again!). Cookies in the oven, getting ready to take plates of goodies to some of the neighbors sometime today and then head out and pick up three more things - too bad you can't quilt earrings for pierced ears!!!!!

Sad news to St. Paul, Minn. quilters! JoAnn's in Midway is closing down this Spring and will reopen on Cty Rd B-2 and Snelling. They are merging with the JoAnn's in that area across from Rosedale! I am so bummed I could spit! Now there is only one - repeat ONE fabric store in the City of St. Paul - Treadle Yard Goods on Grand Ave. Pricey!!!!!!! So, I 'spect I will have to really load up on fabric between now and Spring and perhaps the stash will outlive me - Gosh, I hope not! Too much to do!

Tree is up and beautiful, house smells so Christmas-ey!

So I am not stressed at all. Why be stressed. If you get it done, you get it done, if not, let the "quilting elfies" finish the job. Edie