Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tears of Joy

Blog Entries
    This Quilting Board is Awesome.

I work with children before and after school doing Arts & Crafts, and one day I took a quilt I was working on for them to see and several children asked me if I would show them how to sew so they could make a quilt. I talked my boss into getting us a sewing machine, and I took one of mine from home and they started learning to sew. Well now we have 4 machines and still donít have enough. The children are making pillows and quilts faster than I can get the batting and material for the back. They are just tie them, but some want to learn to hand quilt, so I guess that is next on the list.
    I would like to thank two special ladies on the forum, mommamac for sending me the book Quilting with Kids Ė I took it to work and the children have gone crazy making all the things in the book, they tell everyone I learned how to make this from the book from Mrs. Mac in Maine.
    Then today in the mail I got a fabric donation from crowley7, I canít wait to get to work tomorrow to show the children all the new material they have to make quilts with. I guess she will be known as Mrs. Crowley from Massachusetts.
    I only have a small budget each month to purchase supplies for both the Arts & Crafts and Sewing, so I take a lot of material from home to work. These donations mean a lot to not only me but the children.
    I cried over getting the book and now the fabric. They were tears of Joy.
    I have learned so much since I have been on this forum, all of you are the most AWESOME Quilters and friends a person (and 130 children) can have.

We are having a mini quilt show April 6, I will take some pictures of the children's quilts and pillows and post them.

Thanks Again!!!

It sounds like you are truly blessed. I can't wait to see the pictures of the children. You are passing something on, and it will have larger impact than quilts, trust me.

What a blessing you are to those children. We always get back so much more than we give in these situations. Can't wait to see the pictures.

you are awesome. :D

How wonderful that you are passing on some great sewing skills to these young minds. They will treasure this forever. Can't wait to see the pics.

Blog Entries
    Schools do not teach sewing anymore, so God Bless You. You are carring on something SOOOO Special. This story has just warmed my heart so much you have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
    How wonderful that you are passing on some great sewing skills to these young minds. They will treasure this forever. Can't wait to see the pics.
    Yes!

Blog Entries
    !!WOW!! that's amazing that the children are so into quilting!

How fun! Hope to see pics soon! :)

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to seeing this pictures
    of your special children's projects.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast