Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Asst. Manager James

Today I found the perfect fabrics to work with a fabric i've had in my stash for sometime. The colors work so well. Problem, it was Wal Mart. Well after a looooong time frame, no associates, multipule calls for associate, I finally got an assitant manager to come over and cut fabric. Not even his dept. Let's just say I let him have it. I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve. That by putting the fabric in the middle of the store it was easy for the associates to ignore customers there. He finally gets my fabric cut (would have walked away if it hadn't been the perfect colors) broken telxon, no telxon/printer, fire drill, I get my fabric but no price tickets on any of it.
    Well bless his heart and I will be calling the store to give him kuddos, he gave it to me for free. I told him that wasn't needed just fixing the fabric dept would be enough, but he said no it was mine for nothing. Over 4 yards. He was so sweet even after taking an butt chewing and yes I did apologize for chewing him out so bad, that I realize it isn't really his fault, but a lot is what corporate sets down. He was still very sweet and he made the aggrivation right. Some of them do care.

Picture was taken with cellphone so color quality is not very good. They are all beautiful jewel tones. The square is the one they go with.

For my trouble
    Name:  Attachment-256642.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  57.0 KB

Blog Entries
    beautiul fabrics and so happy you told him about the problems in the fabric department

Glad to hear you got your fabrics. Poor fellow, I'll bet he wants the flexibility to do things right - would be easier on him!

Yes! Call the store and give him kudos! (maybe leave out the free part, dont want to get him in trouble..)

Always great to hear a positive customer service story.

Wow, good for you. I would probably have gotten really upset and just left without my fabric. The Walmarts here still have no signs of fabric returning. But if it does there won't be any employees around to cut it. You can never get help and when you luck out and someone comes they don't know anything about the dept you are in. It is extremely frustrating.

Kat

Blog Entries
    Good for you! Fabulous fabrics too!

They have the employees at Wal-Mart spread so thin anymore. It is also hard to find anyone to cut fabric in my Wal-Mart. As near as I can tell, no one gets over 25 hours a week, and everyone has about three departments they are responsible for when they are there. Just plain wrong for everyone...

Good for you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That was nice of him.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast