Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc.........

No time machine and apparently I need more time to get up to no good with Sharon. But she is supplying food and drink so that should save me some.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    No time machine and apparently I need more time to get up to no good with Sharon. But she is supplying food and drink so that should save me some.
    Didn't we hear she was supplying the fabric too?

I am sure that we can talk her into something. Especially if we are really well behaved!

The only problem being that I am never really well behaved

Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    ok finally got all blocks sewn in halves now I started to work on my layout last night with DH's help and here is what I got so far. I already see some I want to move. My idea was for the black to start in one corner and work it down to the other in a diagonal type curve/swirl withthe yellow and pink blocks around it. right now the black is too bulky so I need to thin it out a bit. what do you think
    Star - I really like the idea someone had of making an S shape. Since you have more blackish hexs, perhaps keep those to the outside. Then maybe a curved line of yellow merging to pink to form the S curve? Then maybe you could put those blocks that have both black and either yellow or pink next to those blocks to help blend into the mostly black at the outside. Just some more ideas to help you along. In the end you might have some hexs that just don't seem to fit in with the rest. They might go on the back for your label or the start of something else!

Blog Entries
    Oooo Star :D:D:D Those are pretty blocks :D:D:D

I like the idea of the S curve too... with all of the darker blocks, you could make the S very open and it would take your eye all over the quilt :D:D:D

I found it easier to keep my blocks contained within the allotted area by measuring and counting my blocks, figuring out how many wide X tall I could go, and then I used masking tape to stay within that boundary while I was laying them out.

The S shape was actually what I was trying to do!!LOL I just didn't know how to say it,DUH. and I also played with the the idea of the yellow and pink in the middle but DH and I like the black in the middle. I may have to make some more blocks!! thanx for the ideas I will be playing with it for a while to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    The S shape was actually what I was trying to do!!LOL I just didn't know how to say it,DUH. and I also played with the the idea of the yellow and pink in the middle but DH and I like the black in the middle. I may have to make some more blocks!! thanx for the ideas I will be playing with it for a while to get it right.
    I REALLY like the black too

Blog Entries
    Star I love the color of your blocks. I can't give you any advice
    because I am only new at this but I know your quilt is going to be beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    The only problem being that I am never really well behaved
    I have heard it said that "well-behaved women rarely make history" :wink:

Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast