Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Too Many Quilts Displayed? >

Too Many Quilts Displayed?

Too Many Quilts Displayed?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:33 PM

I would display as many as I had walls for. What good are they packed away where they can't be seen?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lucy90
What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.
I would have said, Thank you, that's just the look I was going for.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lucy90
What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.
What your relative said was just plain rude! It smacks of the ugly head of jealousy.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:39 PM

I keep them moving, on and off the couches and stands. I never get tired of them and love to change them.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:42 PM

You can never display to many quilts
Old 03-13-2011, 04:47 PM

There is never toooooooo many quilts. I have quilts and quilt tops and quilt pillows and quilted wallhangings. I love the way they warm up a space and bring a smile to my heart. My grandmas both quilted and I have a quilt from each of them. Since my one grandma died before my parents married I never knew her so it feels like I have something from her, not just the quilt but also the fact that I am a quilter. :lol: :lol:
Old 03-13-2011, 05:04 PM

The more the better!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Glad everyone agrees that a person can display what they want. I just never expected anyone to say anything and was taken off guard. Thanks everyone for making me feel better and a couple of laughs with it. I won't quit displaying my quilts and I am glad everyone does display their quilts. My relative can be a pain but it is her problem. Thanks again
Old 03-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Is is our way of decorating and enjoying our passion.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Isn't that like asking "how much fabric is too much fabric?" Never too many quilts, never too much fabric.