Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Many Quilts Displayed?

I don't worry about what others say about my quilts. It is my
    house and if they don't want to see them they can stay home.

Blog Entries
    No such thing as too many. My LQS has mini's displayed in the bathroom. Have you thought about putting some of your smaller quilts in there? Gives you something to look at while you are in there. I am thinking about doing the same thing in my bathrooms (I have three bathrooms) as I have a bunch of smaller and mini quilts. Mini's are great for trying out a new pattern, using up scraps, practicing machine quilting, a "last minute" gift, etc.

Blog Entries
    There is no such thing as "Too Many", if your happy so be it.

What the relative is saying is that it is too many quilts for her if it were her house....since it is your house enjoy whatever number of quilts you like.

I completely agree that we should all feel free to decorate our homes just as we please, but considering the tastes of loved ones we share our homes with. On my travels I've spoken to a couple of men who said that one of the few good things about getting divorced was that they could finally decorate their homes they way *they* wanted to. That made me think...

Well, bless their heart. That's one less relative you need to make a quilt for! lol

Quote Originally Posted by trisha
    You can never be too rich, eat too much chocolate or have too many quilts!!!

I couldn't have said it better!!

I would hope that my momma (bless her departed soul) would come back to put me in the time out corner if I ever told someone else in their home how they should live in the building they are paying for, cleaning everyday, eating in, sleeping in, praying in, and doing everything else that they wish do in their home. It is just plain rude. It is like saying that the Smithsonian has to many collections.

My advice make new friends and pick new relatives. This is a classic example of pearls before swine. (Sorry pigs, I mean no offense.)

If you love the look, it's not too busy. It's your house so you get to decide how to decorate it.

Quote Originally Posted by lileth1374
    There is not an inch of space in my house that doesn't contain a "showpiece". If someone has a problem with the way you display your treasures, then they don't have to come over. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I'm single :lol: :lol: :lol:
    AMEN Sistah!!!!!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast