Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trouble with FMQ on Juki machine >

Trouble with FMQ on Juki machine

Trouble with FMQ on Juki machine

Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 PM

Default Trouble with FMQ on Juki machine

I am pretty new to FMQ but am using Isacord thread on Juki 2010 machine. Also, I have a bobbin washer in place. I seem to be going along just fine when I hang up on the bottom of the quilt and have to pull the quilt and break the bobbin thread to move the quilt. there is always thread hanging from the bottom of the quilt after it happens. Anyone know what's happening or how to fix it?
Old 08-18-2014, 01:19 AM

A few thoughts of things to try...rethread both the top and bobbin, try a different thread. Is your machine set down into a table so the top is level? Is the quilt getting caught on the table or is it moving freely?

I have a Juki and have not had that problem. I use mostly Aurifil, Glide or King Tut threads...have not tried Isacord. Is it a thick thread?
Old 08-18-2014, 05:25 AM

Is the Isacord thread you are using embroidery thread? It should say a wt. such as 30 or 40.
Are you using the same thread on the top and the bobbin?
In my Juki I have the best results if I use a Topstitch needle and a 90/14. Usually get Schmetz.
It seems like your needle could be pushing the fabric into the needle plate rather than pushing thru. Do you get a nest of thread on the bottom?
Old 08-18-2014, 06:18 AM

Hi, I have this Juki Is your bobbin full or near empty? If the latter, switch to a full bobbin. I'd also change the needle to a new one (make sure it's the correct size for the thread, and type for the fabric) clean the bobbin case, bobbin race, and feed dog area. Remember to add that single drop of oil to the bobbin race.
Hope these suggestions help!