Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
True story about Joanns amazing customer service >

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

Old 12-13-2009, 01:12 PM

I have a LOT of complaints about JoAnn's, but both of the ones I use (Tucson and CT) have public bathrooms and decent managers. I have noticed that they don't have as many employees as they did before the recession. I guess I'm lucky the store in CT is still open. If it closed, I'd have a LONG drive to buy thread, notions, zippers etc when I haven't planned ahead and bought on-line or during sales. I'm NOT thrilled with their fabric - prefer to buy on-line. But I use the coupons for the other necessities.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:17 PM

I have to laugh about all of the comments to this thread, I have experienced all of these in one form or another. They all gave me a good couple of minutes of laughter. I am sure that at the time you all felt the same way that I did, you just wanted to punch someones lights out.
I recently went into our local JoAnn's to purchase liquid basting glue for a project and before I was able to purchase it I had to give my full birthdate month, day and year. Now I am over 21 and nearing the midcentury mark and she could tell it and I told her so. She would not let me purchase it until I announced my birthdate to her and the rest of the customers behind me. I told her that I have purchased spray paint etc at other stores and have never been asked to state my birthdate. Her statement was "We have these new computers that will not let us go any further unless we but in a valid birthdate" which I feel is a bunch of crock. So make one up, instead of embarrassing a customer! :thumbdown:
I have gotten in my old age that if I get fed up enough that I will no longer patronize the store, guess what, JoAnn’s is nearing that mark for me!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 AM

At one time I was an asst manager at our local JoAnn's store. I developed lots of special friends with regular clients and in the process learned a lot about the millions of products offered within the store. I felt I always made the extra effort when helping my customers and they began to seek me out when them came in. Then one day a local business owner came in, accused me of not measureing her fabric properly and asked to have the 11 yards measured once again, which I did (both times it came out right and it was on a major sale day so there was a huge line of customers waiting). This customer was still not satisfied, so she came around the counter shoved me out of the wait (seriously) and proceeded to measure her own fabric. Our store manager came over at this time, asked the customer to kindly leave and not return. The cheers that came for the customers waiting in line was unbelievable. The point I'm trying to make at this time is that sometimes we as a customer can and do make a difference. Though I no longer work there I do treat the employees kindly, make a point of asking for what I need exactly when I call on the phone and if I feel the employee is not familiar with what I'm looking for I make an effort to inform them so others will benefit from their new found knowledge. And though it's been a number of years since I worked there, there are still those customers that I helped before that when they see me shopping there they come over to ask how things are going for me and that they miss me helping from the other side of the counter. Then they ask me what I think about the item they plan to work on. Priceless! As for the little one not being allowed to use the facilities - shame on them - it should be common courtesy at any facility of this size that this be made available. Our local store does!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:51 AM

I did write to Joanns' customer service on the website, thanking them for sending me the replacement piece. I also pointed them to the quilting board website in case they wanted to see for themselves what their customers thought about their service in general. Hopefully they will do so and perhaps get a real surprise.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Janette
I did write to Joanns' customer service on the website, thanking them for sending me the replacement piece. I also pointed them to the quilting board website in case they wanted to see for themselves what their customers thought about their service in general. Hopefully they will do so and perhaps get a real surprise.
Not if Roger's in charge they won't! :lol:
Old 12-14-2009, 12:42 PM

If Roger is in charge, they won't care what their customer's think...

Has anyone had problems (besides me) ordering from their on-line site??????