Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning living room into sewing room

Question Turning living room into sewing room

I need others thoughts and ideas of making my living room into a sewing room. It's only me here,and hardly any company at my apartment. I think if I move sewing room to living room and visa-versa, I would work more on my quilting. What are your thoughts?

Thank you
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    I say go for it. Please yourself. I would if I could. Better lighting. The TV, and computer. Have everything I want in one place. As it is now, I move from one room to another to do things. Back and forth and so on. Good exercise, yes, but, it wastes a lot of time.
    10-2-12, the lucky day I became a granny!

I sew in my living room as my husband does not like to be alone. I have everything stashed in the living room, machine, cabinet, cutting table. huge fabric shelf and everything except the frame and some day that might come out there also. works well for us. If visitors come they see the real production line. go for it

I so agree. I'm in much the same situation but have a garage-family room that I turned into my sewing room. Now it's the favorite room in the place for sewing, reading, relaxing & my pets enjoy it too.
    margaret

Blog Entries
    I wish I could turn my living room into my sewing room. But my husband would not allow me to do it. So I used the guestroom, put a TV in there and take a nap when I get tired.

Blog Entries
    I say go for it.

It sounds like a great idea to me. You can arrange it any way you want without having to consider what "others" think. Good for you!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Blog Entries
    my single friend turned her living room into a sew room, now we go to her house and do SEW DAYS at her house because there is room for the three of us to sew together, it is a great idea! You only go around once...make it the best once!
    It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.

Banned
    Hi Sharon
    My ex and I bought a 2 family house together and moved up here to New Hampshire in the mid-90s.
    The house had been lived in by college students, so needed a lot of work.
    I was already a quilter so here's what I did: the living room became my big sewing room.
    I had the renovator put in a huge closet across most of one wall with shelves for my fabric collection.
    I had a door I didn't need (went into a front hall) removed and replaced with a wall, giving me space for a design wall.
    I had shades made for the 3 windows of some special meshy material that kept rays out (so fabric wouldn't fade from sunlight)
    I spend most of my time in that room and have never had a moment's regret.
    My smallish dining room became my living room.
    Last edited by gollytwo; 11-15-2012 at 04:20 AM.

I agree. Change it. It's your apartment, it's your life, and it's better a room be used rather than not. Go for it.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast