Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two less Quilt Stores soon

I think the only thing that keeps alot of them going is the fees for the classes they teach and material to go with the classes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Glad I'm only 6 miles from Hancocks, but the gas is outrages! $10.00 doesnt get you any where any more! and I drive a small Jeep liberty and it's very good on gas! But I hate paying the Gas Companies $3.47 gallon, just awful!
    You only pay $3.47 for gas??? We pay $4.09 over here.
    Every state is different, and no matter where you live the cost of gas has gone up and put a crunch in all our wallets.

I recieved an e-mail just today that my favorite LQS is going out of business soon. They have been a wonderful shop, were even featured in quilt sampler magazine a couple of years ago.

Sad to hear that news/

How sad!

Was in two quilt shops here in CA last Thursday. They were both quite low on fabric. We were looking for a metallic gold fabric and one shop suggested we come back in a couple of months when their Christmas fabrics come in.
    Seemed to us like they had really cut back on purchasing stock and depending on holiday fabrics for sales.
    Worrying that they are in trouble. Hope they make it. Both are relly great shops too.

I am not surprised that shops are closing - it must be tough getting sales these days. We have one closing here too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2