Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Fabric

We all have some of that don't we? I certainly do and it just sits there week in and week out whilst I ponder on how in the heck can I use it.

Putting it in the trash is a sin and I would hesitate to dump it on another quilter (do we ever say no to fabric?) and it seems uncharitable to put it in a charity/thrift shop.

So was I pleased when I spotted this!

http://stashmanicure.blogspot.com/20...ly-fabric.html

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing. Great advice site.

Some interesting ideas.

I can't say that I agree with using "ugly" fabric for the troops, though. If you wouldn't use it for yourself or use it for your best friend, why would you give it to our troops? They deserve more respect than that. Just my opinion.

I love the pet beds.

Cute! Fun ideas for the ugly fabric we all own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oatw13
    Some interesting ideas.

I can't say that I agree with using "ugly" fabric for the troops, though. If you wouldn't use it for yourself or use it for your best friend, why would you give it to our troops? They deserve more respect than that. Just my opinion.

I love the pet beds.
    In the part about the troops it does say that it's not ugly but just fabric you don't like anymore. Also it says not fabric that you would throw away but I think they mean something you can't use anymore-maybe something that you don't have any other fabric that goes with it or something that doesn't go with your house colors or anyone you know's house colors. Even fabrics that *I* might not like or think are ugly are probably something that someone else thinks is gorgeous. And vice versa.

Blog Entries
    What I realized a long time ago is that there is very little truly ugly fabric. When we did an ugly fabric contest on the QB last year, for almost each fabric that someone posted as "ugly" there was a voice that said "I really like that." However, there were some REALLY UGLY BUGGERS out there. My favorite won - it was a lion, tiger, alligator print with lace (at least I think that's what it was.)

Blog Entries
    There have been a number of topics here about ugly fabrics. A bunch of us sent some to Patrice to make quilts out of, there was also a ugly fabric contest too. Some of the fabrics in these were beautiful to my eyes :D:D:D

This gal has a lot of great ideas :D:D:D

"Ugly" fabric cut into small enough pieces regains it's beauty 8-)

Blog Entries
    I think it was Bonnie Hunter who said that any fabric if cut small enough isn't ugly. :D

[quote=oatw13]Some interesting ideas.

quote]

Ditto, that. Also charity. Why give your dregs to charity, are they second class people?

Some ugly fabrics would make great OBW blocks, esp. if they have lots of colors and are fairly busy...

If all else fails, we always need some good absorbant rags for household chores!

This thread just reminded me, it's almost time for the Ugly Scrap Challenge. Guess I'd better contact Patrice for approval.

Get ready ladies/gents!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast