Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: used long arm quilting

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know where I can start to look for a good used long arm quilting machinge? Would perfer something here in Michigan.

Google it! You will get tons of hits. There is also Craigslist. You can also join yahoo groups. You really should try to narrow it down to what kind of machine you want and how much you are willing to spend. Even a used setup with rack could start at $7K and go up from there (depending on what features you want and what machine you go with). Additionally you should try and find out if there are dealers in your area for your preferred setup. Many times they get tradeins for people wanting to upgrade or they have demos. I lucked out with my dealer and got their demo machine.

There's the Quilter's Flea Market. Might find something there

Ditto, also, if you haven't already, go to some quilt shows and try out some machines. Many of your larger quilt shows will have long arm vendors there with their machines. Every machine is a little different and has a different "feel" to it. You need to test drive. Good luck in your hunt.

Not sure where in Michigan you are located. Sew Fun Fabrics in Wyandotte has a used Tin Lizzie available. Deb the store owner is a dealer for this brand. The used one she has is a trade in. She offers free lessons for new or used machines.

Quote Originally Posted by sewingladydi
    There's the Quilter's Flea Market. Might find something there
    Where is the flea market located?

I joined Yahoo groups... HQ16... anyway I got mine there .. shh.. for a steal... I see people in your area always posting them for sale.

Longarm University and House of Hanson have machines for sale listings on their sites:

http://www.longarmuniversity.com/

http://www.houseofhanson.com/formerlyowned.html

Also check with the dealers of new longarms. Occasionally they get trade-in's. Join the various longarm groups on yahoo and state that you're looking for a used machine. One thing though, be aware that the good longarms hold their price pretty well. A used one should cost less than a new one, but it may not be a dramatic difference, and you will be getting older technology, probably without a warranty, and possibly with problems. I started out looking for a good used Gammill, and wound up buying an excellent new Innova for about the same money.

Blog Entries
    Try your local dealer...
    Quote Originally Posted by alices
    Does anyone know where I can start to look for a good used long arm quilting machinge? Would perfer something here in Michigan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast