Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vintage vs Vintage >

Vintage vs Vintage

Vintage vs Vintage

Old 10-23-2014, 09:48 PM

We collect vintage Singers. Love the decals. I also have 6 Featherweights in my personal collection and two 301's. And wood sewing boxes some floor models, some table.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
most of my stuff is so old it is probably unintentionally vintage!! Like all my fabric from the 80's and 90's. And me.....
I am also in that boat.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 AM

I have three vintage sewing machines so I don't have room for very many other collections but I do collect vintage brooches (they are small and easy to store). I love shopping on ebay and etsy for a real deal on a pretty vintage brooch.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:28 AM

DH & I both like old hand tools - we have a pretty good collection going just from things we each have inherited from our fathers and grandfathers. We don't clean them up; we like them worn & rusty and we put them on display just as they are. Many of them have the initials of our family members engraved into them, which I really like. AND they still work and occasionally still get used, LOL.

I also have a small collection of old bottles; some I've bought on my own, some came from my grandmother's collection when she passed on. My favorite are the purple glass; I also have some purple glass doorknobs.

I have a jar full of old marbles that were part of my father's collection. When he passed away my family split up his HUGE collection, so many of us now have a jar full of his marbles.

I also collect rocks and fossils...those are vintage, right? LOL

In my sewing room, I collect and display vintage sewing notions that come my way. I don't seek them out, but people tend to pass sewing tins on to me when their aunt so-and-so passes on and there's often some neat treasures mixed in amongst the bent needles & random buttons. I have a couple mason jars full of buttons (some vintage, some not), old advertizement needle packs, old tailor's chalk, old rick-rack...anything with a "retro" style packaging or interesting graphics that comes my way goes on display. Also a (very small) collection of old scissors hangs on my wall.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Sewnoma, you and I are so much alike it sometimes scares me LOL

I have an affinity for rocks too, my friends tease me, but I have one friend who brought me rocks from all over Europe and the Middle East!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:21 PM

I love most things vintage or antique. I have 3 vintage machines and 1 antique machine. I also collect vintage glassware, furniture, and whatnot.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:48 PM

I have a collection of vintage pyrex and a few vintage blue ball jars. Plus my featherweight and my singer 66 redeye.