Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition! >

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition!

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition!

Old 07-04-2014, 06:49 AM

I will be part of the party! I am working on my Christmas hexie quilt and watching World Cup Soccer today.
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  
Old 07-04-2014, 06:49 AM

It's hotter than the 4th of July here in Florida so I'm joining in to stay inside and quilt. Just finished up two for Project Linus and plan to get 3 or 4 done for Wrap-a-Smile (that sends quilts of medical missions). I don't have to trim or bind the PL ones, their group does that, so they went quick. Here's one (the panto is Asian Vines by Anne Bright):
Attached Thumbnails asian-print-linus.jpg   asian-print-detail-1.jpg  
Old 07-04-2014, 07:22 AM

I'm hoping to work on a scrappy today. We'll see how it goes.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:24 AM

Will be working on my Quilt for Quilters swap quilt and steaming off wallpaper and painting my kitchen! Glad it's a cool weekend.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:27 AM

after we finish with the yard work I'll be getting caught up on my Hoop Sister's mystery quilt I'm only one week behind.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:00 AM

Ooh pretty pics! If I could figure out how to post pics I'd show you mine too, but I'm ready to add borders to the "tumbler" quilt so I'll be working on that today. And I will also trim the edges on the English paper piecing runner I've been working on - it's so pretty with fabric that looks like my blue & white china plate collection - then I can get the binding started for it. I'll be excited to finish it...I only started it last year in June LoL. Happy 4th and happy quilting everyone!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:14 AM

It is raining here so I may get some cutting done. I am going on a sewing cruise to Alaska next Thursday and I have some cutting to do for that.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
My church group is making placemats for Christmas to go to people on the Meals on Wheels program. I have made these so far from Robert Kaufman new line called Holiday Flourish 7......

Happy 4th, I have a question on the diagonal squares placemat. Wondering what size the squares are and if you strip pieced and then cut Very pretty and a lovely idea to brighten someone's meal. Good job.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 07-04-2014, 08:24 AM

What a great idea to have the VQ week-end!! I usually get to sew on holiday week ends as the kids go camping (not my cup of tea LOL). I have 4 bindings to cut, make and sew on quilts so I can hand sew in the evenings while watching TV. If that should get finished, I have a BOM to put together. Have a great week-end, everyone!

Linda in Missouri
Old 07-04-2014, 08:28 AM

Love seeing the pics of what everyone is working on this weekend. We're heading out for a bike ride this morning, but when we get home I'm finally going to have time to set up my machine on the rack. Hooray! I've attached the leaders and everything is ready. We have this great little shop here in town called The Legacy. They take crafty donations, mostly sewing and needle work, and sell them to benefit Hospice. I stopped by a couple of days ago and found some unfinished quilt tops that were cheaper than muslin, for me to practice on. I also have a curtain that I'd like to finish this weekend. See you around!