Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Fourth of July version >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Fourth of July version

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Fourth of July version

Old 07-04-2019, 03:43 AM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--Fourth of July version

Welcome to our special holiday Virtual Quilting Weekend! Several people were interested in quilting this weekend since it was a holiday and many are off. I plan to continue working to complete my pile of quilt tops and maybe do a couple BOMs.

Please join me this weekend and share with us what you're working on.

The next regular VQW is still scheduled for July 26-28.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:57 AM

I am trying to finish quilting a Sunbonnet Sue and Sam quilt for a friend. Time to go hit it!
Old 07-04-2019, 04:30 AM

I am working on a Jacobean Journey queen size quilt. My Janome 11000 needs servicing and my dealer is closed this week for vacation. I am joining all of the blocks I have finished and will be doing the finishing work on the seams on the back of the quilt. My goal is to have everything joined and finished off over this weekend and then I will take my machine to the dealer for repairs on Monday.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:43 AM

Thanks for hosting Raggiemom!

I’m in! Wanting to finish getting rows together then hopefully on the long arm and bound before this weekend is over! It’s far too hot and muggy to do anything outside!
Old 07-04-2019, 06:07 AM

I need to go down and get my room straightened up. I have so much stuff piled up and remnants from finished projects that need to be put away. When my room is so messy, it stifles my motivation and creativity. I also need to sandwich a couple of quilts that need to be quilted and finished by the middle of August.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:14 AM

Well hello virtual quilters!

Today I will be finishing up a preemie top and at 10:00 I will go to a friends to bring her pieces of fabric to consider for her next project. As I understand it, she is going to make a bunch of HST and put it together like a sunset so wants various reds and pinks and such.

For now I just got up, put out the flag and now it's time for coffee and QB before I go back to sewing

Glad to have you all here and be along for the ride!
Old 07-04-2019, 06:58 AM

Good morning VQW'ers and thanks again Raggiemom for hosting. I have several project that I am going to try to work on today. I've did my morning slow walk and I've had my breakfast and I've posted all my notes to my children on FB and now I'm ready. Ready to start to sew, piece and I might pull out my walking foot. I'm just going to sew till I get tried.
So happy holiday to everyone and stay safe and make it a good one

Cherryb
Old 07-04-2019, 07:05 AM

I have 11 or so quilts to bind. I have all the binding cut and ready to start assembling, but first I need to take a break and make DH a cherry pie. We picked the cherries off our small tree tuesday and they are very tart! should make a great pie.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:14 AM

I'm happy to say I've decided to jump in and join this time. I did my PT shoulder exercises ahead of sitting down to sew, per my therapist's advice.

I have more than a few choices of things to work on. Hmmmm.... my Amazing Jelly Roll quilt, some pillowcases for my living room, or continue tidying my sewing room, or a gift quilt for a friend? Eenie, meenie, miney, mo.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:29 AM

I got a head start & worked on a tote bag made completely from my stash. I found some old fabric from my mom's things. It was a small piece of a canvas type material & has animals of African Savannah printed on it. I made the middle panel from this, used a sheet from a thrift store for the bottom panel, with reinforcement of interfacing. I did minimal quilting with left-over batting & lined it with more of the sheet. The top I bound with a piano key style piece from a previous project that I decided was better off without that particular piece. The handles, also lined with batting, were from stash, too.
This morning I put the binding on a table runner I made with 3 blocks from my Unwind quilt. That has languished since Feb, so I've also completed a UFO! A very productive few days for me. Thanks for hosting this, Raggiemom!