Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Well, they went and did it >

Well, they went and did it

Well, they went and did it

Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by smagruder
I am going to try to write Wal Mart to let them know that there are a lot of sewers and quilters who are VERY disappointed with their decision to stop carrying fabric. They made a lot of money on us....we won't be shopping there as much.. at least, I won't. I shop where I get what I want and need...... and I NEED my fabric!!!!
Just wanted to tell you that I wrote the 3 top executives at Walmart on March 15th. No one of them wrote back to me yet and believe me, I'm not holding my breath. And one of them is still a Walton! I complained about them removing their fabric departments for the almightly dollar associated with electronics. I hope that others will write too. Here's the thread that has the addresses and names of the Walmart top boys:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-39030-1.htm
Old 05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Google Goddess

I don't shop at Walmart anymore since they took out the fabric department. We go elsewhere for groceries!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by EllaBud
Originally Posted by smagruder
I am going to try to write Wal Mart to let them know that there are a lot of sewers and quilters who are VERY disappointed with their decision to stop carrying fabric. They made a lot of money on us....we won't be shopping there as much.. at least, I won't. I shop where I get what I want and need...... and I NEED my fabric!!!!
Just wanted to tell you that I wrote the 3 top executives at Walmart on March 15th. No one of them wrote back to me yet and believe me, I'm not holding my breath. And one of them is still a Walton! I complained about them removing their fabric departments for the almightly dollar associated with electronics. I hope that others will write too. Here's the thread that has the addresses and names of the Walmart top boys:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-39030-1.htm
Old 05-27-2010, 02:31 PM

Maybe all should protest to the Main Walmart Office! Let them know that we count on them for our fabric needs! ?
Old 05-27-2010, 02:31 PM

Oh! I did not see that someone has done just that!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 PM

Forget writing to WalMart. Over a year ago they did a store remodel in Natchez, MS. We now have one row, double shelves of fabric and are told it will be gone soon. They have enlarged their craft area. We've written, others have written.
Our fabric department was not manned well. Many times, I cut my own fabric and watched others do also. No wonder they claim it didn't make money.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:16 PM

"W" is telling us what we need. They don't give us the choice anymore. If enough people don't buy a product they get rid of it. [like quilter's, we can't buy material every wk. just to keep them in business] Now we are stuck with a company that has run all the small business's out and we have no other place to shop , in small town's. I wish more people realized this and quit doing all their shopping there.. It makes me sad. I do hope the employee's get a union.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:03 PM

Last year I wrote to walmart exec's...the response that I got was that the decision had been made to change everything over to become more "target like". I was also told that they will be catering to the 30 and under crowd like Target does. I do very very little shopping there and any time that I need or can afford fabric I go to the LQS. I refuse to shop there unless it is something that I cannot live without until I can drive 30 to 50 miles to a big city which is rare (about needing something) Our tiny town has a walmart and they don't even carry wiper blades for my cars or pickup!!!! What's up with that??? Can't even find a car battery to fit!!!! I have a sister in law that works for wally world in a larger city that I told that "walmart is worthless" ....wow did she ever get upset...I told her to find a set of wiper blades for my model year pickup in our town. Her reply was that We can't carry everything....typical response that has been drilled into them!!!!!