Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What color sashing?

IMO, if it were my quilt: #1 the white is too bright and too much, for the rest of the block. If it had a hint of white in the sashing, maybe the red or green for sashing and a thin red and white stripe for the cornerstones, it might blend in, #2 would be ok if you put the white in the cornerstones and border, but put a thin green border, maybe 1.5" between blocks and white border? #3 sashings look good, but I would use the red plaid as border. The last one is nice, but I still think a hint of white would look good somewhere to tie in the snowflakes, and don't use the beige outer border. Use the the gold, then a wider green. How about the red and white thin stripe fabric for a bias binding, bias flange or cornerstones??? It might lighten it up a little without the white being too stark. I like your quilt. It looks cuddly.

1st red, 2nd green
    Dyan

Love the red - very Christmassy. Love the brown background along with the green and red.

Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
    I vote for either photo # 3 or # 6. Number 5 is interesting, kind of subtle, but may be too much the same tone.
    I agree 3 or 6 look the best with 6 being my fave
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Love the third one and the red one. I think with the right sashing, this will turn out to be quite nice.

Blog Entries
    #3 is definitely my favorite. The light tan sashings lighten up the entire quilt, and the red cornerstones add brightness. You might also want to consider quilting within a shiny thread -- maybe even a metallic if your machine can handle it -- to add additional sparkle.

#3 and the last one are striking with a balance in contrast.

The gold sashing seems to give the red & green an equal boost. I agree the red sashing is very Christmasy- but IMHO it seems to overwhelm the blocks and you've done a marvelous job on them so you want them to be enhanced not over shadowed I think.
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

I think I like the third one with the green and red plaid cornerstones.

Jim
    I really like the last one best. #6 with the red sashing but you may want to use green as cornerstones
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast