Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you do with all of your hard work? >

what do you do with all of your hard work?

what do you do with all of your hard work?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM

I have one that I have finished that I kept for my husband. He won't give it back. It is a blue and white trail to Oregon. I have made about I have made 4 or 5 using that pattern. I don't know why I like it so much but it really appeals to me and it is fairly easy to quilt either in the ditch or a 1/4 inch round the squares and rectangles.
I have given away a lot of table toppers, place mats and center pieces and signature quilts. I actually sold one signature quilt that was queen size and one that was of the University of Alabama. One of these days I am going to make a Grandmother's Flower Garden" I have one that my Aunt made for me and a 'Double Wedding Ring" that she made.

Henri
Old 02-19-2010, 12:47 PM

I cannot seem to get one made for myself because someone sees the one I am making and they make me an offer on it. I seem to sell most of my quilts for $400.00 to $700.00. There is some of my mothers that I am keeping but I have taken the pattern and made someone else a quilt from it.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM

You are lucky, My husband would be very happy if I could make money selling my quilts. I have sold two one for the sum of $250 and one to an outlaw for $175. It was one of my prettier ones. It was Trail to Oregon in purples and whites.
Keep up the good work. Maybe you could do one undercover and not let anyone see what you are doing. Then you can keep it for yourself. That is what I am doing with my red one that is for me.
Henri
Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
bjr

I made one for my best friend and one of each of my 5 siblings (all king or queen size). I've given a couple as retirement gifts. I made a king size log cabin which we use on our bed and I'm working on a king size "autumn" quilt for it. Also plan to make a spring and summer quilts for our bed. I have made a few throws and still have most of them. I make quilts to be used. :-)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM

I have given all my quilts, table runners, wall hangings away except for 3 Guild challenge pieces and a practice piece. :) It's more fun that way! I was blessed with parents that were always doing something for someone else. Someday I will make a quilt for myself, but for now I love to give them to friends and family, and make something for a fundraiser. :)
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 AM

So far, all have mine have been gifts. One day, I'll get to have one!! :lol: :lol:
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

All mine have been given away too, mostly make them as gifts.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 AM

I give them away, only sold one because a friend of my oldest daughter wanted one so bad for her special needs daughters graduation, lots of quilts for grandkids. It doesn't sound like any of your husbands fuss at you a lot for your hobby, but if my husband were alive today and mentioned something like that I could list things like the $13,000 motorcycle, the golf games almost every Sat., all the fishing poles, bait, lures, the list could go on and on. You've just gotta love those boys and their toys!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 AM

Those boys and their toys can go on and on. Mine likes to play 5 days a week. He builds his own golf clubs. He builds his own computers. So he can not fuss too much. LOL. His hobbies are not cheap either. I guess that is why he bought me the embroidery/sewing machine for my birthday and anniversary.
Henri in Alabama. Where it is cold again. I just love global warming.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

How very generous us quilters are. We get the pleasure in making the quilts. For years I gave everything away. Then I was asked for a quilt to display at an important event. I only had a wall hanging. It was so bad that I said that if people saw it they would say that they could do better. Sure enough there was a revival in quilting. Now I keep a few quilts for that purpose.