Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do to material to pretreat for labels. >

What do you do to material to pretreat for labels.

What do you do to material to pretreat for labels.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I'm having a hard time responding to you, I keep getting an error that says my message is too long. And it's not, at 927 characters, it's WELL under the 10000 character limit!
Weird!
At times like that, I just clear the cache, then shut everything down ..... then a hard boot to reopen.
Often time that solves the problem!

I'm leaving the office shortly. Thanks for "trying" .... I'll check in later and see if you've had success!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM

Okay, trying this again.

re: your first question (which apparently I can't quote) - I'm not sure what the difference is between dye-based and pigment-based inks. I did a quick search and found generic information that says pigment-based inks tend to be more vivid and permanent, but I didn't find anything that addressed how these inks work on fabrics. You might contact the manufacturer of Bubble Jet Set to see what they say, just to be safe.

re: your second question - I meant if you're using Bubble Jet Set. I have no personal experience with simply printing on untreated fabrics, although I have a couple of friends who have tried it and tell me their items have faded.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

Thanks!
I'm soon buying a new colour printer and want to make sure I have no regrets being that it'll do double duty in the office .... and more importantly for my quilting!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
I have been wondering , for you that print labels--Do you print multiple labels on one sheet or do you print one label and waste the rest of the sheet? The labels I need are only about 4" x 4" ; and I need it when I have a quilt finished. So how can you run the paper through the printer more than one time?
I have a greeting card program on my computer. I use a card shape that you would fold twice from one sheet of paper. I marked which quarter is which and print my label on one of the quarters. I save the sheet for next time and print another label on one of the other quarters. My printer knows which quarter I'm using so skips the other quarters, which may or may not still be there. Clear as mud?