Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: What do you love/What do you not love..

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    I love every step but when it's time to make parts fit for the sandwiching, it's a pain to me. Can't lay it out on the floor or my little 6# Peke plops right in the middle. Move her? She finds another spot. I haven't gotten into buying backing fabrics so I always have to pc. the back.
    I have a friend who's DH made her a size queen-block for sandwiching. He used plywood (I think) and put hinges so that it can be folded and stored under her bed. If I don't get my long arm, I may just ask him for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by valerieolm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    I love every step but when it's time to make parts fit for the sandwiching, it's a pain to me. Can't lay it out on the floor or my little 6# Peke plops right in the middle. Move her? She finds another spot. I haven't gotten into buying backing fabrics so I always have to pc. the back.
    I have a friend who's DH made her a size queen-block for sandwiching. He used plywood (I think) and put hinges so that it can be folded and stored under her bed. If I don't get my long arm, I may just ask him for one of these.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I like everything up to the quilting. To me, it's a necessary evil. I like putting on the binding, and I love the sewing of it to the back. But then, I have always liked doing hand work.

Peaches, I love the planning, the sewing, even the hand sewing of the binding. What I do not like is the cutting because I do not do a good job. I hope I have solved that problem by buying an AccuQuilt Go! I have cut out a few things but haven't had a chance to sew yet as I had to have a pace maker implanted Thursday. Hope to get startes tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    Peaches, I love the planning, the sewing, even the hand sewing of the binding. What I do not like is the cutting because I do not do a good job. I hope I have solved that problem by buying an AccuQuilt Go! I have cut out a few things but haven't had a chance to sew yet as I had to have a pace maker implanted Thursday. Hope to get startes tomorrow!
    !
    Ooooh, I am asking for an AccuQuilt Go! for Christmas!

I HATE squaring up HST's but it makes the end result sooo much better! The price we have to pay.

I have been told the ACCU-Quilt is a better way. Don't own one, but have seen the results. A lady in our guild will even take your fabric and cut it all out for you on the ACCU-Qult.

Quote Originally Posted by puddingtain
    Nothing I hate about quilting....really like the whole process !
    me too, i have so many things "in process" that if i don't feel like cutting, i can piece, if i don't feel like piecing, i can applique.. etc, etc & so on..

i used to hate pinning the sandwich together, but thanks to all you wonderful ladies, i learned about basting spray... now i don't hate that part either!

I just work away at the pile until I'm done...then, surprise!!! If I do a few every day in-between doing something else, that works, too. Before you know it you're done! The way I cut I always end up squaring up something!

I love being in my sewing room and creating....I hate to stop and cook.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11