Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you love/What do you not love.. >

What do you love/What do you not love..

What do you love/What do you not love..

Old 09-18-2011, 02:44 PM

I love it all. My problem is I feel like I am racing against the clock. Deadlines. I guess I don't like the deadlines.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:50 PM

i like all of it!! i just wish i could quilt all the time, but arthrisis won't let me
Old 09-18-2011, 03:11 PM

I always prewash. I once had some fabrics that shrunk under the iron. However I hate pressing & squaring up. At least the excitement about a new quilt is still in the air & I usually don't have a problem getting it done. I just hate doing it. I thought that I had a way not to have to do it. I had found a laundromat that washes & presses. I thought I could teach 'em to square up but alas it's not to be. I pulled out the fabric that I picked up on fri. yesterday & it's waaaay off. Instead of cutting right away I had to square up & repress all of it.:( This is the 4th or 5th time I've used 'em & they keep getting worse instead of better. I also have a tendency to get bored about halfway through the piecing & have to work hard at finishing up the top. I love hand quilting!!!!! I make way to many quilt tops to hand quilt 'em all so I'm learning machine quilting. I do like the binding especially the hand work.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
that is what sewing buddies are good for would it be just great to get together for the day with a few sewing buddies then we could take turns having quilting slaves for the day LOL
What a fabulous idea.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by dublb
I pulled out the fabric that I picked up on fri. yesterday & it's waaaay off. Instead of cutting right away I had to square up & repress all of it.
Are you saying that the fabric relaxed to it's natural state with the warp & woof at right angles and was no longer the shape as cut at the store? That's what I am hoping for when I pre-wash. Then I know the blocks will stay square.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:04 PM

No. The lady that pressed my fabric did not straighten my fabric in such a way that it lays straight. My fold was very crooked! Makes it hard to cut straight strips!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:58 PM

I love every part of making a quilt - well except frogging! I especially like the hand work of binding. I can't just sit so when I'm watching TV I do my binding or hand finishing on clothes.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:08 PM

I enjoy the whole process, just not all at once.
I really hate the stagnet stage I am in right now. I just rally can not get in the mood to put it all together. So I am tearing apart the sewing room and rearranging. Next comes the color coordinating phase. YIKES!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
I like the choosing the pattern, fabric, cutting, and most especially putting the blocks together. I love the challenge of getting all the points, centers, squares, etc all come together like I envisioined in my mind how it should look.

My least favorite is the quilting part of it....mainly because I don't have the space to quilt. I do quilt as you go..so do get the quilting part done.

I think what I like most of the whole process is getting everything to come together like it should. When it all comes together...it just makes me feel great... :)

Is the pix in your profile a paug quilt? It's beautiful! I would so love to know the name of the pattern and where I can get it! Thanks!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Joan Gaddis
i like all of it!! i just wish i could quilt all the time, but arthrisis won't let me
I'm in total agreement with you. I love the entire process except for quilting it on my sewing machine. Told my husband that by the time my Mom and I pay someone to quilt all of the quilts we have laying around, we could buy a long arm. Gotta keep reminding him of that and then find a location to set it up. Wish me luck!