Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13

Thread: What happened to Liz Porter?

In the latest Fons and Porter "Love of Quilting" there is an article about her and the quilt. She has retired and is enjoying her grandchildren and quilting.
    Busy in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
    I heard that she wanted to spend more time with her family and is retiring for the moment. I don't know if this is true or not.
    I heard the same thing. Was just tired and needed to spend more with family.

I quit watching the show when Liz retired and they brought the daughter on. Don't care for her at all. She's just too "cute". Like to buy her for what she's worth and sell her for what she thinks she's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kansaspansy View Post
    I quit watching the show when Liz retired and they brought the daughter on. Don't care for her at all. She's just too "cute". Like to buy her for what she's worth and sell her for what she thinks she's worth.
    Lol
    I haven't heard this in years!

Blog Entries
    yep she retired and moved closer to her kids somewhere.

Liz moved to Austin, TX.
    She has been back on the show 2x to my knowledge....episodes "Churn Dash" and "Milky Way" of the 2000 series. She mentions retiring to Austin on both episodes. Both GREAT episodes btw

P.S. Here in central Idaho, "Love of Quilting" airs two different episodes every Tue. at 9:30am and 1:30pm on PBS. Can't wait for the new series!
    Last edited by Sew_Silly; 04-17-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Liz retired and is living in Texas. She does appear on the show occasionally. I do miss her. Liz and Mary Ann had a real chemistry. But I still watch the show. It is interesting to see Mary growing in her quilting abilities.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13