Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What happened to Liz Porter? >

What happened to Liz Porter?

What happened to Liz Porter?

Old 03-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nuf4wes View Post
I watch all the shows I can. YES, I do miss Liz, but I think that Mary is growing into the show. It's more basic than the other shows I used to watch with Liz and Marianne.

It is interesting that Bernina dropped support of the program just as Liz "retired." Babylock stepped in, and I do like that machine as well. I never thought that Liz and Marianne were totally comfortable with the new Bernina 830. They hardly used the built in dual feed foot which would be essential for perfect piecing. Marianne and Mary seem more comfortable with Babylock. They are also getting more support from Babylock educator Pam Mashee too.

Another interesting note: Liz Porter has three video classes on quilting (quiltclassroom.com) and she's using a BERNINA! Very interesting.

nuf
Just tried to get into www.quiltclassroom.com and it shows that the name has "expired" - maybe there is another link? I will try googling.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:47 PM

I truly enjoy watching Mary and her mom interact so well. I miss Liz also, but onward and upward. We no longer have any quilting shows on our local PBS or create channel, so I have none to watch now, so I guess I will have to buy more DVDs.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

she retired and moved closer to her kids.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:54 PM

All these comments are so interesting, it would be nice if someone could find out what REALLY happened.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Just found out they are on PBS Saturday mornings at 7 am here . Mom has DVR :wink: WOO HOO
I'm also in Northern Indiana. Our PBS shows it on Wednesdays at noon. DVR for me too

Has anyone seen the quilt in a day show? My satellite shows repeats from 2005 on channel RFDTV on Thursdays at 12:30 am.

Last edited by kelsunshine; 03-20-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl View Post
I have no idea ... hope she is not ill ... or they parted ways ??

I met them at Quilt Market in Houston about 10 yrs ago, they were so much fun to talk to, you felt like you'd known them forever
They've been doing this for about 20 yrs, maybe she just needs a break - I know I would !
I get their newsletter and Liz is retired in Texas to be near her grandchildren.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa View Post
At least F & P is still on the air! What are we going to do for quilting shows when all these ladies retire if we don't have new blood coming in.
There are a lot of younger quilters (just look at the blogs)...many many people could probably do a quilting show including Bonnie Hunter. She's not even CLOSE to retirement age, is she? There seem to be a plethora of 20something and 30something quilters on the 'net with their own blogs. Now we might all get tired of the 'modern' look but they are there.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
I heard that she wanted to spend more time with her family and is retiring for the moment. I don't know if this is true or not.
Last year she announced that she was going to cut back and spend more time with her family. don't know if there was a health issue or not. i get the mag and it is not the same as it used to be. times change tho, so I have just made the best of it.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM

The info, I heard from a program she was on, at one time is. She retired, in Florida, and golfing, and living close to her grdkids. As for any quilting programs shes doing, I don't know.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM

In a recent show I believe they mention that Liz retired to Arizona!