Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: what pattern is this? is it? Help copying it, please?

Question what pattern is this? is it? Help copying it, please?

This was on the sign at our local greenway! I am so taken with it!! I can see the sixty degree star, and I am coloring what I can on my paper . .

the curves?

I have never seen this before, but I know that doesn't mean it didn't exist before I saw it!! Anybody recognize it? Have a fantastic easy way I can do it? Know where I should purchase a pattern?

much love, all of you wonderful answer-ladies!
    Name:  phone 3-17 002.jpg
Views: 3896
Size:  364.4 KB

Blog Entries
    My first thought was it looks like a combination of a feathered chevron star. Is there such a thing?
    Along with others, Marsha McCloskey does feathered stars-she has books called Feathered Star Quilt Blocks I and II.

Blog Entries
    I think it is diamonds all the same size just colour arrangement make the difference. Should be easy to draw and then colour in to make pattern. If I remember the circle will just happen because you start from a star shape.
    Finished is better than a UFO

You could make the outer white ring from a strip set of white with chocolate at the end of the 60 degree triangle, and a triangle of chocolate with white at the end - again, strip set.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Will be a beautiful quilt! Keep us posted on your progress please!

Blog Entries
    The center is a lone star with interesting color placement. If you google it, there are lots of sites (note that it's an 8 point star, so the angles are 45 degrees, not 60). I would guess that you could make the center star following the pattern, on a large cream background, then applique the curved pieces and the additional diamonds.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Your post makes me smile.
    Funny how we see a picture of something and naturally see a quilt block.
    Good luck with your new creations.

I have that printed star diagram from fons and porter . . I am going to extend the diamonds so I can color the whole thing, then maybe transfer it to graph paper . . .

I penciled in the curve, and it does look similar to the picture.

Is it me, or are their last row of brown diamonds bigger?

PaperPrincess, you are so correct!! and, the paper I am using *is* the forty five degree star! brainBump moment for me, I guess!!

oh, I haven't done applique! not another kindergarten star!!! lol

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
    Your post makes me smile.
    Funny how we see a picture of something and naturally see a quilt block.
    Good luck with your new creations.
    Its nice to know others do the same thing .. Oh can I make a quilt out of this, now to find the right colors.. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast