Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What pattern for a man's quilt would you suggest?

I did a Double Irish Chain for my brother and am doing a Trip Around the World for my nephew.

Here is a pic of the quilt I talked about - it is a bear paw quilt with the fishing, cabins, critters,etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    Here is a pic of the quilt I talked about - it is a bear paw quilt with the fishing, cabins, critters,etc...
    Wow! That is super! I see what you mean, like the fact you can see the pattern. and it does have the bear effect visual! Thanks! I think this may be it! My co-worker has no experience in quilting, so I will be the leader on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Log cabin would be a good one. Or what about a streak of ligntening or rail fence? Or you could just cut the blocks big sqs so you could see the design. The 10 min block is a good one too. Be sure and post a photo of it when it's done!! We all love "eye candy" Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b
    Big squares so we could see the design sounds good. Bear claw may be more than I have time for at this point.. will check out streak of lightening.

I made up my mind, Warm Wishes! That goes along with the quilt as a gift! I always wanted to try this one! Will post a pick when done! Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    I made a nice bear paw quilt with fishing, fly tying and cabins fabric - each bear paw had a theme like fishing, hunting, or cabin, etc. It turned out real nice.
    That is a great idea too! Will check on that. I done the turning twenty twice now and really like the results. Love the warm wishes yet.
    The Churn Dash pattern works nicely to frame up a focus fabric in the centre. YOu could switch them up with some of your fabrics.

Sorry, I don't hav ea link ... there was a great fishing themed quilt shown on here last week. The poster' had made the quilt for her SIL.

The Churn Dash pattern works nicely to frame up a focus fabric in the centre. YOu could switch them up with some of your fabrics.----

Thanks I will check that out!

Bear paw and Flying Geese

Why not a rag quilt. Men seem to like those over other types quilts.

Its also alot easier to make than traditional blocks of any type.

4 in 4 patch would be good. I'm attaching a picture of one I did for my son using guy shirts. He loved it! If you don't want to recycle shirts for it, you could by plaids and checks.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast