Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What pattern for a man's quilt would you suggest?

I'd like to suggest a "Potato Chip Quilt"!! It is a very easy quilt & can be tied if the actual quilting is a problem. For a picture, check under SEARCH for Potato Chip Quilt by winter012. It's the red & blue one. I made one for my dad, who is 96 & he was thrilled with it. It works well with focus fabrics. The reason it's called a potato chip quilt is cause you can't make just one!!!! I'm just finishing my third one!!!! Would be happy to furnish the pattern.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    I made up my mind, Warm Wishes! That goes along with the quilt as a gift! I always wanted to try this one! Will post a pick when done! Thanks everyone!
    Can I make a suggestion for a little different layout for Warm wishes? Check out http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-129054-4.htm at the very bottom of the page, in red and black. It is so easy to make - I have made about 4 in this particular layout - and it turns out gorgeous. C9P

Do you have the Turning Twenty pattern or do you know where it might be posted :?:

Quote Originally Posted by susie4
    I did the hunters star for my brother...
    I love this pattern! Anyone know where I could get the pattern?

Cindy in TN

Im making a pinwheel quilt for my male friend. Its what he picked out.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Warm Wishes is great for all and allows for a focus fabric :wink:
    My thoughts as well. Use masculine color fabrics and it should be a bit hit.

This is pretty or what about the 1600 quilt where you sew end to end a jelly roll pack then I think a black border or something manly to go with it and make it bigger or use a themed fabric for the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
    Try this one Center Stripes. It is on All People Quilt website. I did it for a friend's brother using ties from his father who past away. I think is very "manly" looking.
    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...-strips_1.html

NICE TOPIC

I have a turning 20 which you can have the deminsions of if you would like. you can make up to 30 square, with 30 different fat quarters or 15 half yards. I use 9 fabrics for baby quilts, 16 fabrics for lap and up to 25 for shower gifts. There are easy and fun. Let me know... Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    Here is a pic of the quilt I talked about - it is a bear paw quilt with the fishing, cabins, critters,etc...
    This is awesome. I love the outdoorsy look and country wildlife quilt you did. Perfect pattern! Beautiful Job!!!!

:thumbup:

OK...if you use ONE JELLY ROLL, how big is the quilt.
    If you use TWO Jelly Rolls, how big is the quilt...

What is the mathemathical way of figuring this up. How long are the strips and about how many strips are in the regular package (I know that there are different numbers offered).

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sguillot
    This is pretty or what about the 1600 quilt where you sew end to end a jelly roll pack then I think a black border or something manly to go with it and make it bigger or use a themed fabric for the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
    Try this one Center Stripes. It is on All People Quilt website. I did it for a friend's brother using ties from his father who past away. I think is very "manly" looking.
    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...-strips_1.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3