Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What quilted or sewed gifts did you give for Christmas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
    I recently got the cutest pattern to make these little baskets. Probably could have figured it out on my own but it was priced fairly and was a quilt shop's original pattern. I'd like to make some for next year's coworker gifts. Won't use up a ton of fabric but they'll be cute. Have to finish some UFOs first.
    Can you sjow us the pattern, wemiht liketo make it too

I made American Girl doll dresses for my 9 yr old DGD and turned a sweatshirt into a jacket for my 6 month old DGD. The 9 yr old was thrilled with the doll clothes. The 6 month old played with the wrapping paper but her mom love it!

I made "Folded Tree Napkins". Would post a photo, but with this new set up I haven't been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    Can you sjow us the pattern, wemiht liketo make it too
    Yes, I would like to see also. I will post a picture shortly of my little pots I hope to make for 2013. I love pictures of our ideas and possible projects and sharing with each other.

I made lip balm holders for my coworkers. They seemed to like them. I also made some embroidered and quilted pillows.
    Holly

Quote Originally Posted by hsweany View Post
    I made lip balm holders for my coworkers. They seemed to like them. I also made some embroidered and quilted pillows.
    What does yr lip balm holders look like? I made a couple, I think they are neat but I received a Luke warm thank you for the couple I gave out. I guess beauty is the eye of the beholder and I know where my Chapstick is at any given time. No more searching and searching for me!

I made some napkin sets complete with bag to hold them. I also made two table toppers with the nine degree ruler. The swirl pattern is so amazingly easy and turns out so great!

Embroidered tissue holders
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

table runner with matching hot pads, stuffed bunny dolls in bloomers and dresses...Bow Tuck purses, insulated coffe cup sleeves...

Deedum, I just googled a pattern. I used scrap fabric and added a ricrac or ribbon loop with a keychain silver ring. I cheated and put in stick on Velcro dots to hold it closed and then stitched on a cute button....maybe it was the Disney princess lip balms they liked and not the holders......
    Holly

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast