Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What quilted or sewed gifts did you give for Christmas?

What quilted or sewed gifts did you give for Christmas?

I need to get a start on gifts for next Christmas. What gifts did you give this Christmas?
    Michelle

There's been countless threads posted showcasing everyone's work.
    Just go to the Pictures section ... and I'm sure you'll be able to get more than enough ideas!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crayon roll ups, pillowcases, tree skirts, etc.

I made grocery bags. I should have taken pics but I didn't. I made them from home dec fabric from walmart and ordered the poly webbing from jhittle.com. I used a pattern called "Farmer's Market Tote Bag" from April Lane designs.

Power Poster
    A few table toppers/ runners and a couple of my card holders for my DIL.

Nothing. Been too busy!
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

I made a few Ipad stands. I think they are so cool. Pillowcases and crocheted cascading scarves, which everyone liked. I am interesting in this thread as I am already working on lap quilts for 2013 (started in 2012), and crocheted hangers.4 hangers done so far and it is not even 2013. Hope I can keep this pace up. I want to really use my embrodiery machine for towels. I got tons of ideas but not enough sewing time it seems. Oh and I want to make fabric Christmas pots and fill with candy. Oh I got so many ideas.....

I made Kitchen towels that hang on the drawer handles or the oven handle.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

I made American Girl doll clothes for granddaughter, a set of placemats and napkins for daughter, a valor quilt for son-in-law who recently retired from Air Force, and knitted several Sashay froofy scarves. Someone asked me to make her five little wallets to put gift cards in, but she never came for them, so I've been giving them to visiting relatives.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

I recently got the cutest pattern to make these little baskets. Probably could have figured it out on my own but it was priced fairly and was a quilt shop's original pattern. I'd like to make some for next year's coworker gifts. Won't use up a ton of fabric but they'll be cute. Have to finish some UFOs first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
    I recently got the cutest pattern to make these little baskets. Probably could have figured it out on my own but it was priced fairly and was a quilt shop's original pattern. I'd like to make some for next year's coworker gifts. Won't use up a ton of fabric but they'll be cute. Have to finish some UFOs first.
    Can you sjow us the pattern, wemiht liketo make it too

I made American Girl doll dresses for my 9 yr old DGD and turned a sweatshirt into a jacket for my 6 month old DGD. The 9 yr old was thrilled with the doll clothes. The 6 month old played with the wrapping paper but her mom love it!

I made "Folded Tree Napkins". Would post a photo, but with this new set up I haven't been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    Yes, I would like to see also. I will post a picture shortly of my little pots I hope to make for 2013. I love pictures of our ideas and possible projects and sharing with each other.

I made lip balm holders for my coworkers. They seemed to like them. I also made some embroidered and quilted pillows.
    Holly

Quote Originally Posted by hsweany View Post
    I made lip balm holders for my coworkers. They seemed to like them. I also made some embroidered and quilted pillows.
    What does yr lip balm holders look like? I made a couple, I think they are neat but I received a Luke warm thank you for the couple I gave out. I guess beauty is the eye of the beholder and I know where my Chapstick is at any given time. No more searching and searching for me!

I made some napkin sets complete with bag to hold them. I also made two table toppers with the nine degree ruler. The swirl pattern is so amazingly easy and turns out so great!

Embroidered tissue holders
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

table runner with matching hot pads, stuffed bunny dolls in bloomers and dresses...Bow Tuck purses, insulated coffe cup sleeves...

Deedum, I just googled a pattern. I used scrap fabric and added a ricrac or ribbon loop with a keychain silver ring. I cheated and put in stick on Velcro dots to hold it closed and then stitched on a cute button....maybe it was the Disney princess lip balms they liked and not the holders......
    Holly

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    I'll post the contact info here later in the day. It's from Sewing by the Sea in Trenton, Maine. The kit with the pattern and everything you need was $9.00 with Maine sales tax. I didn't think that was bad. The owner is very helpful and would probably ship it out to anyone interested.

I know I had to contact PatriceJ, a moderator, and she had to do something with my settings. Haven't had a problem since. You might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by PolkaBabe View Post
    I made "Folded Tree Napkins". Would post a photo, but with this new set up I haven't been able to.

This year was crazy and I did not have time to make any gifts. I then ended up with the flu in December and wound up just giving gift cards! Did not feel the holiday spirit!
    last year though my mother in law and I made quilted professioinal totes for most of the women on our list. Phew! Such a detailed pattern that it took us two full sewing days to make two... After we completed about eight of them we swore we would never make another! Everyone loved them though so all the work was worth it!

Pot holders. Considering I did not have a patteren, they turned out pretty nice. I don't know how to post a picture or I would. sorry/

Table runners was all I did this year.
    Amythyst

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast