Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite tip that you got from this site. >

What is your favorite tip that you got from this site.

What is your favorite tip that you got from this site.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 PM

There are so many things I have learned from this site but one of my favorites is to save the old sewing machine needles and use them to put up the tablecloth I use as my design wall. I used to use regular pins and they bent so easily and were hard to push into the wall. (The tablecloth being another great tip.)
Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have to say my favorite tip was the 1/4in. seam and using masking tape to mark the 1/4in. on my machine. My blocks have been lining up much better.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Tube quilting tutorial - I had never heard of it until I started seeing all those beautiful tablerunners so just had to watch the Missouri Star Quilt Co tutorial and have a go. Have since made a Christmas tabletopper.

But there have lots more tips I have picked up along the way too, probably way too many to mention.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM

don't believe everything you read?....joking ;-)

There isn't one that sticks out for me. I glean from the whole spectrum. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Power Poster

Starch, and lots of it :D:D:D
Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 PM

That is a hard question to answer because in the short time I have been on here I have learned alot. I, too, like the tube quilting. Also learned to make the tea bag wallets and learned about the Disappearing 9 patch, which I haven't tried yet.
I am sure there is more. I think you learn something new everytime you check in here!!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
There are so many things I have learned from this site but one of my favorites is to save the old sewing machine needles and use them to put up the tablecloth I use as my design wall. I used to use regular pins and they bent so easily and were hard to push into the wall. (The tablecloth being another great tip.)
I love the tutorials here. I learn as much as when I go to a class at the LQS. Even a dummy like me can follow along and learn!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:10 PM

I have learned SO MUCH on here that it really is hard to say. I mean I only started quilting this past July and for awhile I was getting on the chat line all the time asking for help; plus all the threads that I have bookmarked..it's a book! Probably the most helpful so far was when someone helped me organize my WIPs. I was taking more than one class at the time and all my stuff was getting all messed up. She told me to get baggies and organize them that way. It was SUCH a great help!! I was making a sampler and a buggy barn....I had strips and cut pieces everywhere! When I got back to my class for the sampler quilt, I was so organized and proud!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:36 PM

I dont have a favorite, they are all great, but what I like the best is that if you have a question (even if you think it is a dumb one) and ask, someone knows the answer and you get one within a few minutes. And, others that may have been to embaressed to ask, also get an answer too.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Glue! Both the white glue & glue sticks!!!!!