Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14

Thread: when does your stash become hoarding

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Just so everybody knows I have gone back to WM several times hoping to run into the lady who has the extremely large stash but I haven't seen her yet. I am extremely curious as what she does with all of the fabric. I am dumbfounded by the whole thing.
    I also want to thank each and everyone of you that have posted on this thread. I have read every comment. You all are such interesting ppl. Thank You Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
    I went back and looked at the picture and sure enough, I used to have one when I made a lot of my clothing. I think it was a large portable surface for laying out and pinning fabric and patterns which folded into nothing when not in use. I think (think being the key word) pattern pieces could be lined up accurately for placement of darts, etc. by using the marked lines.
    I agree; it looks like a portable area for cutting out patterns. I used one for years when sewing. I either used it on top of my dining table to protect the surface or on the carpet so I wouldn't cut the fibers and/or pin the pattern to the carpet.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

If you have clothes to get rid of please take them to nursing homes as those people really appreciate it. I took 6 bags of clothes, purses, shoes, shavers, hair dryers to them and the manager of the nursing home said wow, wish more people would donate to them.

She also sent me a thank you note! I have some more things to take to them! Cleaning out the closet for spring cleaning!

Karen
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    after reading this I realize I am not a hoarder but I have a lot of fabric and it's time to let some go. I have boxes to mail to my 2 DDs- I use fabric as "bubble wrap". They will love it- they are both new to sewing and don't have a lot of stash.

And I guess I will take the 4 bags of clothes to Salvation Army tomorrow- then I won't be "hoarderlike" in my formal living room. :)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14