Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
where is candle quilter??? >

where is candle quilter???

where is candle quilter???

Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter View Post
I am not sure she received enough blocks from all the patterns she sent out.
Oh, It would appear there's more than enough blocks for at least one quilt .... BrendaK who posted just before you, sent her ten alone! And then there are numerous others including myself who sent one.

Thank you for the update. I can understand that perhaps she has been too busy to come on the QB. However, it's too bad that she has not seen the import of responding to the numerous emails that have been sent to her. This has not been the first thread inquiring about CandleQuilter.

Perhaps, sooner rather than later, you could let her know that QB members have been concerned about her.
And Perhaps too, you could encourage CandleQuilter to come online just the once and respond?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 AM

I would like to see the quilts also. I hope she will respond to this post.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM

Maybe she's feeling badly about not getting it done as quickly as originally planned. I don't know her situation, but if she's gone back to working outside of the home, beyond the quilting business, she's probably got her hands more than full. It's not necessarily the right thing to do, but sometimes when those things start to snowball, folks just stick their head in the sand and feel guilty. (Please realize, I'm only saying this because I've been in a similar situation.) In the long run, that only makes it worse, but at the time... Well, you get the idea.

I only had one interaction with CQ - she did a quilt for me, and did a beautiful job. I hope she's well and realizes that most people are more concerned about her than how quickly the blocks that were donated get made into the quilt. There will always be a need for it, so when she does get it done (I'm sure she will), it will still be put to good use.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter View Post
I happen to know candlequilter pretty well and I know that she took another full-time job besides her quilting business so she is not doing as much sewing and quilting as she was. I know that she recently had to have some surgery on her shoulder so I am sure that put a damper on her quilting too. I am not sure what she has done as far as the blocks are concerned. I am not sure she received enough blocks from all the patterns she sent out. I hope to talk to her again soon as I have some quilt tops I need to have quilted. She did tell me since she is working that she hasn't had much time to get on the board.
Thanks for the reply. I sent her about three deliveries really not sure of the count (somewhere between seven to ten).
She had said that we could send stars other than her those made with her pattern. Only about three were her pattern. I really only wanted to make sure that she was still alive and well. Sorry she had surgery and hope that she is feeling better. I would like to see the quilts but more than that I wanted to make sure she was ok. When you join this board other members start to feel like friends. I do become concern when someone you are used to seeing post does not do that for a while. Now that I know she is ok (just super busy) I feel better. I know that she will get things done when she can. Please tell her all of us miss her and look forward to hearing from her soon. BrendaK
Old 04-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Someone is pm-ing and asking for her pattern. Since there was an agreement involved with receiving the pattern, I don't feel comfortable just giving it away.
I sent CQ the stuff I promised and not laying blame anywhere, but perhaps she was hurt by those that got the pattern and did not follow through?
She did post about that once. I hope she did receive all that was owed to her in time.
I hope she is doing well, now that she has had her surgery and will drop in and let us know she is ok, sometime.
CQ, you are missed lady