Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
where do u buy your fabric >

where do u buy your fabric

where do u buy your fabric

Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 AM

Hello people! :D

(I am new to quilting and to forums, so sorry if i make mistakes).

I would like to know what web sites you use to purchase your fabric (any fabric)?
Dose anyone know where i could buy western fabric.
i have ben looking and have found a few good sites however the shipping is extremly high!
any responces would be great.
thankyou in advance
heidi

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 06-22-2010, 06:37 AM

If you live in North Texas anywhere near the Eastern side, take a road trip to Bateville Arkansas and go to Marshall Dry Goods. Plan on buying a lot of fabric because the prices are GREAT---I bought batiks for $2.99 a yd. The money you save (if you buy enough) will pay or almost pay for the trip. You can also order online from them.

Marshall's has TONS of horse/western fabric.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:41 AM

Thankyou!
i will be taking a trip to Arkansas very soon.
my husaband may not be so pleased as i can spend hrs and hrs in one fabric store i love them.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

fabric.com is the one i spend the most at, been buying from them for over 10 years. the best thing...free shipping after $35 and i can always find $35 worth to buy ;)
there are so many to choose from
it is a bit late in the month to start the june shophop, but i do believe there is another one in july...
go to fabshophop.com, there are usually about 180 different shops involved, you visit the shop on line, find a bunny, click on it and get credit for the find then they have drawings for prizes. it gives you the opportunity to check out lots of different shops, find great deals, and a huge abundance of different fabrics. and the prizes...well thats pretty neat too...at least a gift certificate...
Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Also when shopping on the internet-- watch for special deals :wink:

Some places offer free shipping from time-to-time , also free if you order more than ???
Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by hstaples
Thankyou!
my husaband may not be so pleased as i can spend hrs and hrs in one fabric store i love them.
It's well worth the trip. If you go in on 14, go to the light where you can see a Dollar General up ahead on the right. Turn left at that light and follow that road until you see a Kroger store on your right (it's quite a ways) turn left at the very next light, I believe that's Main St. Go down several blocks and on the left you'll see a big white sign that says Marshalls. Tan metal bldgs. Plan on being there awhile and remember--ANYONE CAN SHOP ON THE WHOLESALE side. If you go to the very left, through the big doors, Marsye says that there are bolts back there that have just a few yards on them if you take the whole thing it's really cheap. Then, across the parking lot there's another bldg with a round red sign on the door. You really have to dig through in there but if you take the whole piece it's only $1 a pound and that's approx 4 yds. When I went we had to take everything out of the back of my Grand Cherokee, lay the fabric out flat then put the suitcases on top of it. I had the whole floor covered about 6" deep and only spent $197. I had somewhere between 230 and 240 yds of fabric.

p.s. They have a row of Husband Chairs right inside the door. He'll have several guys to talk to and commiserate with while waiting.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by hstaples
Thankyou!
It's well worth the trip. If you go in on 14, go to the light where you can see a Dollar General up ahead on the right. Turn left at that light and follow that road until you see a Kroger store on your right (it's quite a ways) turn left at the very next light, I believe that's Main St. Go down several blocks and on the left you'll see a big white sign that says Marshalls. Tan metal bldgs. Plan on being there awhile and remember--ANYONE CAN SHOP ON THE WHOLESALE side. If you go to the very left, through the big doors, Marsye says that there are bolts back there that have just a few yards on them if you take the whole thing it's really cheap. Then, across the parking lot there's another bldg with a round red sign on the door. You really have to dig through in there but if you take the whole piece it's only $1 a pound and that's approx 4 yds. When I went we had to take everything out of the back of my Grand Cherokee, lay the fabric out flat then put the suitcases on top of it. I had the whole floor covered about 6" deep and only spent $197. I had somewhere between 230 and 240 yds of fabric.

p.s. They have a row of Husband Chairs right inside the door. He'll have several guys to talk to and commiserate with while waiting.
Raptureready- You did GREAT!! Wow, that must have been fun! :mrgreen:
Old 06-22-2010, 08:28 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!
I buy most of my fabrics locally. I am fortunate to have alot of places to shop at and some of the shops have frequent sales.
I have only ordererd on line a few times.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Google Goddess

Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA
Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned

Marshall Dry Goods by the van load. :lol: