Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite quilt?

Banned

Your favorite quilt?

What is your favorite type of quilt to make? I enjoy making the old-fashioned quilts. Simple blocks or applique, simple hand quilting. It just makes me think of my southern roots. I admire so much you ladies on here though, that can make the most beautiful quilting patterns and elaborate designs. For myself though, I like the simple old time country quilts.

Love quilts with a solid white in the background.

I love to make up my own patterns. I get that one of a kind qult that way. I love to work with batiks and 30's print but not together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonomine View Post
    What is your favorite type of quilt to make? I enjoy making the old-fashioned quilts. Simple blocks or applique, simple hand quilting. It just makes me think of my southern roots. I admire so much you ladies on here though, that can make the most beautiful quilting patterns and elaborate designs. For myself though, I like the simple old time country quilts.
    Ditto for me but I machine quilt can't do the hand stitching.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    Love quilts with a solid white in the background.
    i'm beginning to love these more and more after seeing so many stunning ones here on the board. i just ordered some whites to have on hand
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    I love all the vintage quilt patterns..also...

I agree with you totally!! My favorite quilt is a 2 color quilt of red plaid and plain black - which my grandmother made for us out of wool, I couldn't find the wool, but I was able to find regular fabric in those colors - 6.5" blocks alternating. Very simple, but oh so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonomine View Post
    Aronel aka Lee

Blog Entries
    most of the time, I go for easy patterns that look more complex than they are due to the lack of time and space constraints. what I would love to do is more complex designs...I'd love to do a NY Beauty or intricate Mariners Compass. I do like traditional patterns and love beautiful applique, but don't do much applique myself. When I do, it's fusible.

someday, when i get my own sewing room, I will tackle one of the more complicated ones on my list. but because I have to pack them up frequently and put them away, I will continue with less complicated ones for now.

I have to tell the truth. I love all types of quilts the embroidered ones, the pieced ones and appliqued ones. So far my favorite to piece was the rythum and blues quilt done in tourquoise, black and white. A freebie pattern download from red rooster fabrics. (If you do it, make sure you check the block sizes first! I had to change one of them to fit right and I can't remember which one... sorry) I am thinking it was an error they didn't catch before printing.

I love the burgoune surrounded, hunter's star or crossed canoes quilts done in two colors. Then there is a log cabin, it is still one of my all time favorite to make as well. So all and all I guess to make I like the pieced ones. But, I love seeing the appliqued quilts at the shows.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 02-01-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I think my all time favorite is the log cabin. Simple to make but so many design possibilities. I just saw a pic of one today where the center square was a four patch then the logs around it. Totally changed the look. I put it on my to do list.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast