Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinions Please

This is a crib/children's quilt using primary colors, the idea was a bright top to mean "daytime" and dark blue backing with stars to indicate "nighttime". It's ready for border and/or binding.

Originally I wanted to use the cloud fabric for the border and the dark blue for binding (option 1).

The two could be reversed, with the plain dark blue fabric as a border and the cloud fabric for binding (option 2).

Another option is to just bind it without a border using the cloud fabric (option 3).

All opinions are welcome, I love the way you all make decisions.

Closeup
    Name:  Attachment-115363.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  300.3 KB

Not so closeup
    Name:  Attachment-115365.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  301.1 KB

I definitely like a border. Either looks good, I guess I would choose the dark blue for the border. Is the clouds also going to be the backing. That would be nice.

I really like the top. It's very cheerful.

I love your colors. I like the blue for the border and the clouds for the binding.

I love your top, I like the dark blue for the border- I think the clouds for the back would be great. I think an orange binding (I am partial to orange and blue).

i couldn't open this. it tried to open as 'image browser'. what is that?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, here are your photos. I would save the cloud fabric for the backing. I don't think it goes well with the bright primary colors of the top (which is beautiful, BTW). I would use the dark blue for a border, or even some of the peacock fabric. Or use the peacock fabric for the binding. Good job!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by 2livesdown7togo
    This is a crib/children's quilt using primary colors, the idea was a bright top to mean "daytime" and dark blue backing with stars to indicate "nighttime". It's ready for border and/or binding.

Originally I wanted to use the cloud fabric for the border and the dark blue for binding (option 1).

The two could be reversed, with the plain dark blue fabric as a border and the cloud fabric for binding (option 2).

Another option is to just bind it without a border using the cloud fabric (option 3).

All opinions are welcome, I love the way you all make decisions.
    I kinda like the idea of just the dark blue for the border/binding on the bright side. I wouldn't use the clouds.

Blog Entries
    i like the dark blue too..i don't care for the cloud fabric with the front colors you have now. i love primary colors for baby quilts. the colors and pattern you chose is perfect!

Banned
    Of those choices I would use the dark blue as binding....but if you have RED that would look great!(imho)

I like the dark blue as the border and you could even bind with it, but IMHO I would use the dark blue as he border and either use the orange or red as the binding. The clouds are a softer palette than the primaries used.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast