Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 154 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    If anyone has the bug really bad (and you know who you are) Mary at Curious Quilters in running a swap that has the sign up ending tomorrow....I don't remember all the details but here is the link if you want to check it out. Mary is the person who first started me in this love of 2.5 squares (she does not call them candy) That is a SheriR thing

Oh heck I don't know how to get a link on here...help me someone
    Yes...I did sign up for the CQ swap... 1.5" and 2.5". You must send 100 per set and you mail out to each person whose email you're given. I've had great luck with it. Let's see if I can get the link to post.

http://thecuriousquilter.wordpress.c...until-3252013/

She calls them Charms. I call them Candy. Others call them Stamps. Whatever you call them, we end up with FUN. Carrot's quilt above attests to that.

And I have to add. I'm super excited to get that Braid templet!!....When was my birthday anyway...
    Last edited by SheriR; 03-24-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Thanks for sharing that link, very cool site.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I love the envelope!!! I didn't think you could use paper with alot of photos, preprinted matter on it...the finished size is 6x 8???

Blog Entries
    yes- 6 x 8. I even send my fabric postcards through the mail without putting them in an envelope (o:

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    I love the envelope!!! I didn't think you could use paper with alot of photos, preprinted matter on it...the finished size is 6x 8???
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

For the Anniversary of my 29th Birthday my children sent me on a 2 week trip to Ireland. Just got back and am getting things done. What a great gift all of you have given me. I love scrap quilting and now I cannot decide what pattern to use for all of the great candy that I have. Along with the fabric candy I also received several great other gifts. Thank all of you. I will be paying it forward when it comes your turn to be the receiver.
    Love to all.
    Jarenie

I have PMed each of you for your great gifts. Thank each and every one of you for the squares. I have started 3 differen quilts form the squares and will post picutures. I received a few Batik squares and have already make them into a wallhanging.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Jarenie, what a darling tiny tiny twister. Happy birthday!
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Quote Originally Posted by jarenie View Post
    For the Anniversary of my 29th Birthday my children sent me on a 2 week trip to Ireland. Just got back and am getting things done. What a great gift all of you have given me. I love scrap quilting and now I cannot decide what pattern to use for all of the great candy that I have. Along with the fabric candy I also received several great other gifts. Thank all of you. I will be paying it forward when it comes your turn to be the receiver.
    Love to all.
    Jarenie

I have PMed each of you for your great gifts. Thank each and every one of you for the squares. I have started 3 differen quilts form the squares and will post picutures. I received a few Batik squares and have already make them into a wallhanging.
    Thanking

Marybrace
    aquiltymama
    Ahwu
    mariposa
    Sustraley
    Honchey
    Oneteappot
    Dottie dodge
    abdconsultant
    Wanda Lou
    Carrot
    Nls
    Sewmany
    Fraew
    Mitcham
    Gandee1
    Lisa_wanna_b quilter
    WMUTeach
    Jannie
    Barbarakibler23
    Goldendog55
    Sew4nin
    lstew2212
    Nurse Bonnie
    JNCT14
    Mamaskeeto
    Quiltingdrabon
    Darcene
    SheriR

I sure hope I spelled them all correctly.

This is more fun. It was like being back at my Grandmothers house and choosing fabrics from her scrap bin.

very cool twister.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Jarenie, please tell - what size are the blocks or what size twister tool was used? Geez, this site is fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    yes- 6 x 8. I even send my fabric postcards through the mail without putting them in an envelope (o:
    What a great way to recycle paper...I would have never thought about doing that....after seeing your envelope with the mailing label & return address...I got my mail and saw all the ads on the outside and that's when it finally dawned on me Yes, you can!!!I just had my DH bring in the paper from yesterday and pulled a few suitable flyers...one from Sam's Club..wow think about all the free advertising they'll be getting...I'm now off to make some envelopes....

I mailed my last Birthday Candy card today...and the first one for April... two more to go for April then they will all be for me!!!!Can you tell I'm looking forward to May!!!

What a great idea for the squares , oops, candy... That's a cute place mat!
    Last edited by Honchey; 03-25-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Page 43 of 154 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 93 143 ... LastLast