Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 53 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 521

Thread: 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

  1. #1
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,806
    Blog Entries
    20
    Hello ladies in Group 11: Boop56, Obsessed, Kehoeta, and AmandaB. I am JudyG and am truly honored to be your group leader. I am really excited about our group and am looking forward to getting to know you a little better and working with all of you over the next year. We have a variety of themes in our group and they should keep all of us on our toes and excited each time we get a new quilt to work on.

    Our themes are:
    Judy G: Something Southwestern
    Boop56: Anything in Purples, Blues and Creams
    Obsessed: Mardi Gras (Purple, Green and Gold)
    Kehoeta: Jewels
    AmandaB: Garden/Spring (flowers, birds & butterflies)

    We need a name Ė Hopefully, one of you will have a brilliant idea as I really donít at this time.

    Please be sure to post pictures here and on the Original site before you mail your row. Now itís time to get busy and start making beautiful rows.

  2. #2
    Member amandab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    72
    Blog Entries
    2
    I am so excited to get started! I have never done a row robin, or a swap for that matter. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

    Has anyone started their row yet? I have a very rough draft of want I am doing for my first row but I haven't started yet. I wanted to wait till after Christmas.

    I would love to hear some of the ideas you ladies are going to do for labels. I have never done a label and am kind of stumped. Thanks!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Probably not where I should be...
    Posts
    691
    I know that in some groups the quilters are sending around a label with their row, for everyone to sign with permanent ink. Would you guys mind if I just sent around a list for your to write your information on? I would like to embroider the label once everything is done.

    Or, I could send around a label for everyone to sign and then I could embroider over the ink... hmmmm... something to think about. That would preserve all the different handwriting - What do you think?

  4. #4
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,806
    Blog Entries
    20
    Glad to see you found our thread Amanda and Lara. I think we're all excited to get going. Since we are in Arizona this year and all our kids and grandkids are in Washington, I had to get things done for the holidays and mailed ahead of time, so have had some time to work on this quilt. I made three blocks today and will post pictures tomorrow to see what you think of them. I've tried to incorporate lots of colors to give you more things to work with on my rows. We'll see how it all goes.

  5. #5
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,806
    Blog Entries
    20
    Okay, I have finished three of my five blocks for my row and pictures are attached. When you look at the row of three, visualize that the two blocks on the left will be repeated on the right. What do you think? My theme is "Something Southwestern." The block at the left of the row is called "Phoenix" and what will be the center block (now the block on the right) is called "Desert Sun." The blocks with the pots is included to introduce lots of colors into the quilt so you have lots to work with when you are working on it. My intention for this quilt is that it be what are considered Southwestern colors (seems to be most anything if you look at that pot block) or blocks with Southwestern names. I just want everyone to have fun when they're working on it.

    Phoenix Block
    Name:  Attachment-147946.jpe
Views: 74
Size:  43.7 KB

    Pot Block
    Name:  Attachment-147947.jpe
Views: 71
Size:  58.3 KB

    Desert Sun Block
    Name:  Attachment-147948.jpe
Views: 71
Size:  38.0 KB

    Three Block Row
    Name:  Attachment-147949.jpe
Views: 66
Size:  16.6 KB

  6. #6
    Junior Member Yankee in  Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Hello ladies in Group 11: Boop56, Obsessed, Kehoeta, and AmandaB. I am JudyG and am truly honored to be your group leader. I am really excited about our group and am looking forward to getting to know you a little better and working with all of you over the next year. We have a variety of themes in our group and they should keep all of us on our toes and excited each time we get a new quilt to work on.

    Our themes are:
    Judy G: Something Southwestern
    Boop56: Anything in Purples, Blues and Creams
    Obsessed: Mardi Gras (Purple, Green and Gold)
    Kehoeta: Jewels
    AmandaB: Garden/Spring (flowers, birds & butterflies)

    We need a name Ė Hopefully, one of you will have a brilliant idea as I really donít at this time.

    Please be sure to post pictures here and on the Original site before you mail your row. Now itís time to get busy and start making beautiful rows.
    Is it too late to join your row robin? And I am fairly new to quilting - so how skilled do you need to be to join?

  7. #7
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,806
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee in Texas
    Is it too late to join your row robin? And I am fairly new to quilting - so how skilled do you need to be to join?
    Yes, Yankee in Texas, it is too late to join this row robin. The signup date ended on Dec. 20th and Bookworm assigned all the groups. You might pm her with your information in case she needs someone to fill in at any point during the year while we are working on these. I believe there are 16 groups of five people who are in this row robin.

    For future info, you don't have to be of any particular skill level. We are all learning new things as we go along and it's just a really great way to get to know fellow board members.

    Keep your eye out on new posts for future row robins to be set up as I am sure there will be at some point.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Yankee in  Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee in Texas
    Is it too late to join your row robin? And I am fairly new to quilting - so how skilled do you need to be to join?
    Yes, Yankee in Texas, it is too late to join this row robin. The signup date ended on Dec. 20th and Bookworm assigned all the groups. You might pm her with your information in case she needs someone to fill in at any point during the year while we are working on these. I believe there are 16 groups of five people who are in this row robin.

    For future info, you don't have to be of any particular skill level. We are all learning new things as we go along and it's just a really great way to get to know fellow board members.

    Keep your eye out on new posts for future row robins to be set up as I am sure there will be at some point.
    Thanks! And thanks for the information - I guess I will just continue to hone my quilting skills as I watch the row robins as they progress. :>)

  9. #9
    Member amandab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    72
    Blog Entries
    2
    Judy - I am loving the colors!

  10. #10
    Member amandab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    72
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    I know that in some groups the quilters are sending around a label with their row, for everyone to sign with permanent ink. Would you guys mind if I just sent around a list for your to write your information on? I would like to embroider the label once everything is done.

    Or, I could send around a label for everyone to sign and then I could embroider over the ink... hmmmm... something to think about. That would preserve all the different handwriting - What do you think?
    I love the idea of using the actual handwriting of each person and embroidering it on to the label. You could still have us sign on paper and then scan/copy it to fabric paper or something similar and then do your embroidery from that. This way you still have the original and can redo it if you need to.

Page 1 of 53 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.