Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Ok Lara, Here is my contribution to the Mardi Gras quilt. I like the energy it generates.

I hope you like it too. Amanda - I will be shipping it your way tomorrow.

Row 2 on the Mardi Gras quilt
    Name:  Attachment-175038.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  75.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kehoeta
    Ok Lara, Here is my contribution to the Mardi Gras quilt. I like the energy it generates.

Oh Theresa - I absolutely LOVE IT! Wow! That is so much fun! I love how all the jester hats are all different and the pinwheels are so colorful. It is just perfect! Thank you so much!

Blog Entries
    Theresa,that's fabulous. It's absolutely perfect for that quilt. It is so much fun to see all the creativity in these quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Boop, glad to hear the eyes are better. Is the allergy medication still helping?

Is it okay if I mail AmandaB's row to you next week? We are getting ready to head back to dreary, rainy Washington (can you tell I'm not happy about it?) and would like to mail it off before I leave if it's okay with you.
    Send her row. I have a few things going for her row also. I'm not sure anymore about the eyes. Eye doc (MD) is totaly confused because the white spots on corneas won't go away. They have me on the strongest steriod eyedrops for that but then my glacoma (sp) pressure goes way up. And from all the drops they say my eyeballs are actually drying out so I have to use artifical tears all the time. I was born with brittle bone disease. Bones are made of collegen and your corneas are made of collegen. So since I have the bone disease and my bones do not heal fast they think this effects my eyes also because of the collegen. weird huh?? LOl If something strange is going to happen it will happen to me. LOL Sorry to see you go back to Washingotn. But spring is around the corner somewhere. Take care and have a safe trip.. Peggy

Loving it!!! May never leave my house!!! LOL Just kidding...maybe.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Ladies for the compliments.
    One thing about the Mardi Gras quilt that I didn't find out until last night... (lessons learned - Measure first) The length is 61.25. I needed to finagle my row a little in order to make it match Lara's length exactly. That is one effect of using different rulers, tape measures etc... Despite the fact that they are all supposed to measure the same... They don't.

Have fun with it. I recommend loud Dixie style music while you are musing the design of your rows. Of course, I recommend loud music most of the time anyway.

Eek! I had no idea that my row was a little too long! I must have measured wrong on that middle piece since it isn't all 12" blocks. Thanks for the heads up Theresa! You did a great job of finagling (is that a word?) I can't tell that any finagling went on at all!

Lara - I hope finagling is a word - because that is what I did. :) It wasn't really too much of a problem, because I caught it before I had sewed my blocks together. I had your row laid out on my sewing table, and I was placing my blocks to experiment with the layout I wanted to finalize on. That is when i realized my row was going to be short.

It shouldn't be an issue for anyone else - they will just need to adjust their blocks to plan for it.

Blog Entries

I love your addition! The hats are so cute! I will be watching for it in the mail.

:)

Blog Entries
    I got a lot done today! Should be completely done by Tuesday and have pics up.

Still cold here. We had a short heat wave that lasted a few days about a week ago and now back to 30-40 degrees with snow flurries , but they are calling for 60 and above by the weekend. I really want to get out in the yard! Hope everyone had a great weekend. :)

Well, life got in the way as usual... So Today (Wednesday,March 30)I mailed the Mardi Gras row. And, I got Boops row in the mail. Can't wait to get sewing on it, but tonight I am going down to the Hockey Game. GO WINGS!!!

Glad to hear that Boop's rows made it to you safely. Hope you had fun at the hockey game!

Amanda - can you please post a pic before mailing my row on?

Blog Entries
    Hi ladies. Did ya miss me? I am on Skeet's computer. Since maintenance this site will not give me permission to get on . My computer guy says it is nothing on my end. I will not get on until the problem is fixed on their end. Kathy is going on vacation for 2 weeks in April. So I will try the library next time to get on. I have 3 blocks done for my southwest and 3 block done for Amanda's. It is aggravating me that I cannot post pics. If anyone wants to e-mail me it's [email protected] I can send pics to you then. Please-everyone do what you can to get me back. It says that I do not have permission Apach server quiltingboard.com port 80. Love ya all and miss ya!!! Boop56

Just letting ya know the problem seems to be fixed. (I am sitting with fingers crossed) Walked back from Skeet's house and TADA; I'm BACK!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boop56
    Just letting ya know the problem seems to be fixed. (I am sitting with fingers crossed) Walked back from Skeet's house and TADA; I'm BACK!!!
    Glad to hear you're back, Boop. This has been a trying time since they did their updates. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what you've done with my Southwestern quilt.

Glad you're back Boop! Hope your eyes are feeling better!

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Boop!

I have to share with everyone. My daughter is in 8th grade this year and has been going to Cheer practice for the past 2 weeks at the local high school. Today was tryouts for Junior Varsity and Varsity Cheerleading at the high school she will be attending. She made the squad! She is on the JV team. I am so proud of her!

Not to leave my other child out, he is a Freshman (9th grade) in high school and is on the JV tennis team. This is the first year he has played tennis and has been doing really well. We went to the courts today and played tennis together. I am a huge tennis fan, have been for years. I even love to watch it on tv. He beat me bad today, but it was a lot of fun! I am so glad the weather is finally warming up here.

Theresa, here is a little tease for your row. I need to get pictures now that I have all of the other blocks done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amanda... That is a teaser. Stunning!!! I can't wait to see the rest.

Blog Entries
    What a gorgeous block, Amanda. Can't wait to see the rest.

Amanda - congratulations to your daughter! That will make her transition to high school so much easier, to already belong to something fun like that!

The block is beautiful! Theresa is going to have such a pretty quilt! I can't wait to see pictures of the whole row...

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Glad to hear you're back, Boop. This has been a trying time since they did their updates. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what you've done with my Southwestern quilt.

:-( :-( TA-NOT I cannot get on the board on my computer so I have to use my daughters when I am at her house in the mornings. Don't know how to upload pics on here. Hopefully the site will get something figured out. The Eyes.....I am my doc's study now. They have not a clue what to do. I will just live in a foggy world. LOL

Blog Entries
    :-( :-( TA-NOT I cannot get on the board on my computer so I have to use my daughters when I am at her house in the mornings. Don't know how to upload pics on here. Hopefully the site will get something figured out. The Eyes.....I am my doc's study now. They have not a clue what to do. I will just live in a foggy world. LOL
    I could not get on the board for a couple of hours yesterday morning. Otherwise, I haven't had too many problems other than the slowness when trying to post something. Seems to take forever.

Do you have more than one browser on your computer? I have both IE and Firefox. Sometimes when one doesn't work for something the other one does.

I am sure you are very frustrated with your eye situation. I think we all think that with all the technology and stuff out there doctors should be able to diagnose and fix anything, but they aren't always able to and it's frustrating. Hopefully, they'll figure something out soon for you.

Allright. It seems to be that I am on again. So while this is up I am going in to take pics and upload what I have so far.
    Judy: I think my doc is frustrated also. Because to fix one problem causes another to esculate. So she has tried everything. She is really good. She has written books and done lectures. So I feel comfortable with her.

Allright. It seems to be that I am on again. So while this is up I am going in to take pics and upload what I have so far.
    Judy: I think my doc is frustrated also. Because to fix one problem causes another to esculate. So she has tried everything. She is really good. She has written books and done lectures. So I feel comfortable with her.
    Well i got kicked back off but now I will try to attach pics.

First 3 blocks without their borders
    Name:  Attachment-179889.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  50.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast