Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 01-31-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Thanks. I went to eye doctor today and from the bacterial infection I now have deposits on the corneas so it will take a few weeks for my eyesight to clear. My mom has it also and she described it as if living in San Fransico. She said she always was looking through a haze. LOL It's funy. She is 85 so when I try to drive, out of four eyes we have one good eye and it is hers. We call ourselves Thelma and Louise. But I am slowely working on ideas. I am enjoying myself. I would like the address for everyone in our group because when I send their quilt on to the next person, I would like to send them (the quilt owner) a small gift to build the anticipation. Have a great evening. Peggy
Boop, I so sorry to hear about your problems with your eyes. I sure hope your eyesight clears soon.

You should have everyone's address. I believe it was in the email we got when our groups were assigned. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll email it to you.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
Boop - I hope your eyes are better in no time. I just found out that I am going to have cataract surgery in March - right after I return from vacation. Both eyes - 1 week apart. UGH! The only thing I am looking forward to is that I won't need my glasses anymore. My hubby and I have decided that I should spring for the multi-lens. Expensive - but will pay for itself in the long run. (I hope)
Kehoeta, my hubby had cataract surgery on both his eyes last summer. He has been soooooo pleased with it. It was a pain having to put the drops in his eyes four times a day for about six weeks, but was sure worth it. He no longer wears glasses and his eyesight is so much better. He didn't get the multi-lens, but he had a near-sighted lens in one eye and a far sighted lens in the other and it works great for him.

Good luck with your surgery.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:14 AM

I have Amanda's package all ready to go. I got delayed because I forgot about the label. So - Now - It's ready.

Neither rain, nor 15 inches of snow, (which we will have by Wednesday) nor .....

Look for it in priority post (USPS) Amanda. :)
Theresa - stay safe and warm! The storm looks to be a bad one. On the bright side, as long as you don't lose power you will have lots of time to sew!

Boop - you stay safe too! No driving around with foggy eyes! I hope your eyes get better soon!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Lara - can you tell me the manufacturer of the purple in your row? It has a reddish tint and I would like to match it as close as possible.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM

Lara - can you tell me the manufacturer of the purple in your row? It has a reddish tint and I would like to match it as close as possible.
Hi Theresa - It is "Studio E - Road to Marrakech" and I got it from Thousandsofbolts.com. I still have a bunch of it - can I send you a FQ or so? Can the mail get through? ;-)

The real question is... are you OK out there? I'm hearing really bad things about this storm. We're lucky that we're just getting rain and it is above freezing.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 PM

All is well here. I am enjoying being snowed in. And we still have power for the time being.

So - tomorrow I have the day off - even if I don't have power - I have some projects I can work on.

You don't have to mail me the FQ. I found some things that will work. It was hard to find a purple that was in the same color family.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:38 AM

Ideas for some of my Mardi Gras squares... What do you think?

one Jesters hat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151244[/ATTACH]

Do I use the black print in the Hat Band?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151283[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151239.jpe   attachment-151278.jpe  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Oh my gosh Theresa! I just love them! They are so cute and perfectly mardi gras! I like them just fine without the black on the band - but you should do what you think is best since you're looking at them in person.

This is SO EXCITING! I'm blown away - what a great idea! And look at how you fussy cut the little pom poms on the ends of the hats - so cute!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by Boop56
Thanks. I went to eye doctor today and from the bacterial infection I now have deposits on the corneas so it will take a few weeks for my eyesight to clear. My mom has it also and she described it as if living in San Fransico. She said she always was looking through a haze. LOL It's funy. She is 85 so when I try to drive, out of four eyes we have one good eye and it is hers. We call ourselves Thelma and Louise. But I am slowely working on ideas. I am enjoying myself. I would like the address for everyone in our group because when I send their quilt on to the next person, I would like to send them (the quilt owner) a small gift to build the anticipation. Have a great evening. Peggy
Boop, I so sorry to hear about your problems with your eyes. I sure hope your eyesight clears soon.

You should have everyone's address. I believe it was in the email we got when our groups were assigned. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll email it to you.
I went into my messages and found the addresses. Thanks. I have brain fade alot. LOL
Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 AM

Ideas for some of my Mardi Gras squares... What do you think?
Now those are soooo cute. What a wonderful idea. You all are so creative.