Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 PM

I have been on vacation in Sunny South Carolina, Florida and the Bahamas on a cruise for the past two weeks. I did manage to find two quilt shops - on in SC and one in FL and picked up some lovely fabrics.

The steel drums and music on the boat was very inspiring... mostly it inspired ordering little drinks with those paper umbrellas in them... LOL

I am ready to go home and get back to my sewing machine and my pups.

All the block pictures look FABULOUS!! Can't wait to get a glimpse of mine.... <hint hint>
Old 03-09-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
I have been on vacation in Sunny South Carolina, Florida and the Bahamas on a cruise for the past two weeks. I did manage to find two quilt shops - on in SC and one in FL and picked up some lovely fabrics.

The steel drums and music on the boat was very inspiring... mostly it inspired ordering little drinks with those paper umbrellas in them... LOL

I am ready to go home and get back to my sewing machine and my pups.

All the block pictures look FABULOUS!! Can't wait to get a glimpse of mine.... <hint hint>
How nice to escape the winter weather on a cruise! So jealous!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Ugh! I am so frustrated with myself. I have completely messed up the blocks that I am doing, wasted 1/3 of my new beautiful fabric. I am know trying to decide if I should just change the row design or keep hoping I quit screwing it up. I guess I was too ambitious. :-(
Old 03-10-2011, 02:00 PM

Amanda - keep going - there are always ways to salvage any block. I should know - I am the queen of - fake it till you make it. :)
Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Hey - Where are all you guys?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:22 PM

Here, here! I'm right here! Just putting together my ideas for Judy's row... Theresa, let me know when you're ready for Boop's row and I can send it to you. No rush though. We still have a month before the deadline.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:26 PM

I'm here. Been trying to finish up Amanda's row. Got a great start and then got sidetracked. 7 y.o. DGS has birthday soon and expects a quilt from Grandma. Trying to get that done.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:58 PM

Well, Amanda, guess my hubby can go on your bad list along with mine. I worked all afternoon to finish up your row and get it put together so I could post pictures tonight. Layed it out to take a picture, and he informs me he left it at a friend's house and can't pick it up til tomorrow. So, hopefully, I'll have a picture to post tomorrow.

I was about ready to murder him earlier today. We are getting ready to head back to Washington from Arizona. He always gets in such a hurry to get things taken care. On Monday, unbeknownst to me, he goes to the post office to have the mail start being forwarded to our home in Washington. What's the hurry? I will be here for another 3 weeks, even though he is leaving in 2.

Today it dawns on me that I am expecting a package with my other row robin quilt (which is finished) and another quilt to work on. Is this going to end up in Sequim and be held at the post office til one of us gets home? Also, I have a grandson whose birthday is April 8 and I have been working on a quilt for him and needed several more pieces of fabric, which were ordered over a week ago and were on their way here. I was fit to be tied.

Luckily for him, the post office didn't get the mail stopped yet, and both packages arrived today. So guess he's off the hook for this time. What do you do with these guys? They drive you nuts at times like this, but then what would we do without them?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Finished! I hope you like it Boop! - I made my row with some of my favorite fabrics and favorite "friendship" patterns for your "Favorite Things" top.
Omg. It is beautiful from what I can tell. Haven't been on for awhile. My eyes will not clear up. The eye doctor is really confused. I hope you can read this. Am typing slowly just like my sewing. LOL Thank-you so much for the beautiful mrow.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM

I'm so glad to hear from you Boop! I was starting to get worried!

I'm really sorry to hear about your eyes. That must be really frustrating - I hope they clear up soon.