Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 02-26-2011, 05:00 PM

Today I received notification from craftconn.com that they have Stonehenge Maui colledtion. UUGGHHH I think I am in love (she says as she put hand to sweaty brow and faints) LOL

Today I received my Eagle 'PANEL'that matches the eagle fab that i had posted. Someone should have yelled real loud that 'A' panel and pillow panel are 2 different sizes. LOL The wingspan of the Eagle alone is 29".
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132207.jpe   attachment-132483.jpe  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 PM

Sorry..I have another question. Does it have to be five -12 1/2" squares or can we use a 60 1/2" by 12 1/2" panel? Does anyone have a preference? I don't mind on mine. Just as long as you are happy doing it.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Boop, that is one huge eagle. As to block size, I think you do whatever you want as long it is the right total width and the height is 12" finished.

I'll have to take a look at that Stonehenge Maui collection. I don't think I've seen that one.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Hello ladies!

I've been working on Boop's row tonight, so I thought I'd give an update. The first picture is the three middle blocks of my row. I've stuck with the friendship theme, using my favorite fabrics and friendship star variations. The second picture is the beginning of my row up next to Boop's row - I think the colors work really nicely together. I really hope you like it Boop! I know exactly what I want to do for the final two blocks - we'll see how long it takes me to get motivated...

I also wanted to give y'all the big news - we are moving! My husband was offered a very nice job down in Vero Beach FL, and we are moving in June. I am so fortunate that his new job will allow me to quit my job and stay at home with my three little ones. I am so excited - and a little terrified! I used to live in Vero Beach, so I know it is a wonderful place for a family, but I'm overwhelmed at the thought of actually moving - and after we're there, how am I going to keep three little people entertained all day, every day?!? Ack!

Anyway - Boop, I will keep in close touch with you about the move so that you know exactly where to send the rows. For now, keep sending to the address you have until further notice. I will be sure to let everyone know my new address when it is time. I have to get a new address first! And sell this address - our first open house is this weekend - like I don't have enough to do!!!

Middle 3 blocks of my row for Boop's "Favorite Things"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135725[/ATTACH]

Our rows next to each other - the colors work well together!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136093[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135720.jpe   attachment-136088.jpe  
Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 AM

Lara, your blocks are beautiful and look absolutely perfect with Boop's row. Can't wait to see what the rest of it looks like. We've been pretty quiet around here, so I'm assuming everyone's busily sewing. I know I have been - on several different projects.

Congratulations on DH's new job. That is fabulous. Moving is such a pain, but the end results will be wonderful for you and your family. I was fortunate enough to be able to be home with my kids when they were growing up. Just enjoy every minute you have with them as they grow up so fast. It seems like one day they're 3 and you blink your eyes and they're 40.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:48 PM

Thanks Judy!

I know I am so fortunate to get the chance to spend the time with my kids. They are going to go to nursery school 2 mornings a week so they can have a little social time and I can get the grocery shopping done - but other than that it's going to be all mommy all the time! I've already given notice at my job and now I', just counting the days. I'm working until the end of April and then I'll be staying home with the kids and we'll all be getting ready to move!

I am trying to work on Boop's last two blocks, but I'm having trouble sewing a straight line tonight, so I may pack it in. We'll see...
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 PM

Finished! I hope you like it Boop! - I made my row with some of my favorite fabrics and favorite "friendship" patterns for your "Favorite Things" top.

My "Favorite Things" Row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157626[/ATTACH]

Boop's Top w/ 2 Rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157627[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157621.jpe   attachment-157622.jpe  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 AM

Lara, your row is gorgeous. Nice job.

I just took a look at your Penny Harn blocks. You did a great job on those. I can see you're a much better appliquer than I am.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Lara, your row is gorgeous. Nice job.

I just took a look at your Penny Harn blocks. You did a great job on those. I can see you're a much better appliquer than I am.
Thanks Judy - re: Penny Haren, you should give it a try! Her method for doing the pieced applique is really pretty foolproof. Much easier than it looks. Our group has done only 5 blocks so far, and we're on a "catch up" week this week, so you could still jump right in - you can find us in the BOM section if you're interested. We're posting pictures of all the blocks together this week, so there is lots of eye-candy over there right now too.

Really, all I know how to do is fusible applique on the machine and the Penny Haren method that incorporates stiff templates and lots of glue. I'm hoping to learn some better techniques doing AOTH. I'm also planning a tile quilt that I will do needle-turn on - I basted down the first tile quilt block last night - so there is a lot of applique in my future!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Tomorrow is mardi gras! Are you feeling inspired, Theresa? ;-)