Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 03-17-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Well, Amanda, guess my hubby can go on your bad list along with mine. I worked all afternoon to finish up your row and get it put together so I could post pictures tonight. Layed it out to take a picture, and he informs me he left it at a friend's house and can't pick it up til tomorrow. So, hopefully, I'll have a picture to post tomorrow.

I was about ready to murder him earlier today. We are getting ready to head back to Washington from Arizona. He always gets in such a hurry to get things taken care. On Monday, unbeknownst to me, he goes to the post office to have the mail start being forwarded to our home in Washington. What's the hurry? I will be here for another 3 weeks, even though he is leaving in 2.

Today it dawns on me that I am expecting a package with my other row robin quilt (which is finished) and another quilt to work on. Is this going to end up in Sequim and be held at the post office til one of us gets home? Also, I have a grandson whose birthday is April 8 and I have been working on a quilt for him and needed several more pieces of fabric, which were ordered over a week ago and were on their way here. I was fit to be tied.

Luckily for him, the post office didn't get the mail stopped yet, and both packages arrived today. So guess he's off the hook for this time. What do you do with these guys? They drive you nuts at times like this, but then what would we do without them?

Judy - this is exactly why my husband is not allowed to handle ANY of the details for anything! :lol: :lol: Glad you were able to get all of your packages!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:05 PM

Boop - I totally understand how frustrating not being able to see is. I am having my first cataract removed Monday - I'm very much looking forward to being able to see anything other than a foggy blur out of that eye.

It has definitely slowed my sewing.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 PM

Boop, I hope your eyes clear up soon. And, Theresa, good luck on your surgery Monday. I know the cataract surgery did wonders for my hubby last summer.

Here is AmandaB's second row and a closer look at the three blocks I put into it. I just hope she likes it.

AmandaB's with second row added
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171955[/ATTACH]

Closer look at blocks in AmandaB's Second Row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171960[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171950.jpe   attachment-171955.jpe  
Old 03-19-2011, 01:30 PM

Judy - your addition to Amanda's top is beautiful! Really compliments her row - great job! Those outer two blocks look oddly familiar ;-) :mrgreen:
Old 03-19-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Judy - your addition to Amanda's top is beautiful! Really compliments her row - great job! Those outer two blocks look oddly familiar ;-) :mrgreen:
That AOTH Block 34 upsized 200%
Old 03-20-2011, 06:58 AM

Judy - Very, very nice.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Boop, I hope your eyes clear up soon. And, Theresa, good luck on your surgery Monday. I know the cataract surgery did wonders for my hubby last summer.

Here is AmandaB's second row and a closer look at the three blocks I put into it. I just hope she likes it.
I LOVE IT!!! It is so beautiful. I really can't express how much I am loving the row. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 PM

Okay. I am ready to jump back on board. My daughter had eye infections and it was allergies. My husband had eye problems and it was allergies. So I quit using my drops for the bacterial infection and took one allergie tablet and I can read now. So I think I just went from one thing into another. Not real well on distance but better than it was. This week is spring break for the grandkids but come Saturday I am 'OFF LIMITS'. WOO-HOO
Old 03-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Okay. I am ready to jump back on board. My daughter had eye infections and it was allergies. My husband had eye problems and it was allergies. So I quit using my drops for the bacterial infection and took one allergie tablet and I can read now. So I think I just went from one thing into another. Not real well on distance but better than it was. This week is spring break for the grandkids but come Saturday I am 'OFF LIMITS'. WOO-HOO
Did I sayWOO-HOO loud enough??? I really mean WOO-HOO (waving arm around in the air above her head) Does anyone watch Vicki on Real Housewifes of Orange County? If ya do you know what I'm saying!!! :lol:
Old 03-22-2011, 05:54 AM

Did I sayWOO-HOO loud enough??? I really mean WOO-HOO (waving arm around in the air above her head) Does anyone watch Vicki on Real Housewifes of Orange County? If ya do you know what I'm saying!!! :lol:
Boop - I think you're just a little excited! ;)

So glad to hear that your eyes are clearing up and you're getting back at it!

Theresa - I hope your surgery went well yesterday and that your eyes feel better too!