Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 PM

It has been quiet. I hope everyone is having a nice Mother's Day. We had a get together with DH's sister and brother and their spouses. His brother and wife are moving next week, so it was a goodbye get together. They're only going about 3 hours away, so not too bad a deal. It was fun to get together. Hubby's sister's husband made pizza dough and I put out a bunch of stuff for toppings and everyone made their own pizza. It was a lot of fun. Everyone just left and I thought I'd take a breather.

I went shopping the other day and got fabrics for your rows, Theresa. I hope to put them together next week sometime. Hope they turn out like I want.

What is everyone else doing?
Old 05-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Oh no Boop! I hope you're OK! I'm glad the package was delayed and not lost. I was afraid the postal monsters had struck.

We are moving to Vero Beach on the east coast. Where is St. Cloud?

I'll keep my eye out for the package!
Well we are east of kissimmee on 192. We are 45 min from the east coast. We take 192 right into Melborne and are at the ocean. Orlando is to the north of us.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Oh no Boop! I hope you're OK! I'm glad the package was delayed and not lost. I was afraid the postal monsters had struck.

We are moving to Vero Beach on the east coast. Where is St. Cloud?

I'll keep my eye out for the package!
Did you hear how a whole trailor bin of mail that just disappeared here in Florida? One lady lost out on over $400 worth of her son's graduation invites and pictures.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
I have Boops Row hanging on my design wall. I haven't found the ultimate inspiration yet...but I have pulled out some old CD's - Perhaps some classic Van Morrison or Janis Joplin.... The rows remind me of the 70's.

Purples, Blues and Cream - Hmmm...

Purple Haze, Cream when Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton played together and the Moody Blues???

I need the mood music. Any Ideas Boop?
]\

Back in the day they called my husband 'Happy Hippie'. LOL How about some Jimi Hendrix, Grandfunk Railroad, Bob Seger . Who can forget lava lamps??? Just have fun with it!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Did ya hear that Rockin Rowers team leader is 'missing in action'? My neighbor is in that group and they do not know where her row is so she has to do a new one and resend it and another sewer's row is missing also so she has to redo hers and their new group leader is trying to get a row finished so they can all get back on track. My girfriend;s row was nice. First time she had ever appliqued also.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Did ya hear that Rockin Rowers team leader is 'missing in action'? My neighbor is in that group and they do not know where her row is so she has to do a new one and resend it and another sewer's row is missing also so she has to redo hers and their new group leader is trying to get a row finished so they can all get back on track. My girfriend;s row was nice. First time she had ever appliqued also.
One of the gals in my round robin group is also "missing in action" with two quilts in her possession (one of which was going to be a wedding present for the originator's daughter when it was finished). It makes me furious that people don't carry through when they sign up for a project like this. I feel so bad for the people whose quilts have disappeared. So I hope no one gets upset if I tend to keep at all of you when it's time to mail the quilts. I do understand that life happens sometimes and maybe someone has to be a little late, but I don't want something like that to happen in our group. That's one of the reasons we all need to keep in touch through this thread.

Okay, off my soapbox. I plan to get going on Theresa's this week. Boop, I hope your wrist and your finger are healing nicely. And I know that Lara is super busy getting ready for vacation (I think she's leaving today) and then will be moving to her new home. I hope everyone else is working on their rows and having fun.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 AM

Lots of activity in here today! :)

Here is the first block I finished last night for the Mardi Gras row. I really like it. I wanted to do some applique but couldn't think of anything that hadn't been done already. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194979.jpe  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:14 AM

Amanda, your block is really pretty. Is that paperpieced?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Amanda, your block is really pretty. Is that paperpieced?
Yes, it is. In this picture I still need to take the paper off of the back and then do the final pressing.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:21 PM

Amanda - That is perfect. It will go into that quilt really well.

Judy - I'm glad you are keeping us all in sync. I worried about people dropping out when I saw the original link. But I'm pretty happy with our group. All in All... A very positive experience so far.