Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Hi Ladies!

I plan on finishing up my row tonight. All I have left to do is to stitch down my applique and add the sashing. I am going to include sashing for everyone to put between the rows. If you all don't mind, I think I'd like to have my row in the middle. I'll send around a note with the row with all the info. I also have to do my label. I will post pictures once I have it all ready.

Theresa, your row looks great! Get ready for mine.... I probably will send it sometime next week if you are ready for it. Or I can wait for a bit if you want. Just let me know!

Boop56, you can send your row whenever you have it ready. I haven't seen any "in progress" pictures, so I am dying to see what you've been working on. I hope the fabrics I pulled out of my stash will work - but if not - I guess I'll just have to go shopping. Oh darn, shopping... ;-)
Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Obsessed

I hope the fabrics I pulled out of my stash will work - but if not - I guess I'll just have to go shopping. Oh darn, shopping... ;-)
I'm not sure too many of us would feel sorry for you having to go shopping. My problem was I was at the Tucson quilt show on Friday with all the great vendors there and not sure what fabrics I will need, so just bought a few fat quarters. There was absolutely awesome fabric there, but I have a hard time buying unless it's for something specific.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:04 PM

Lara - I am ready anytime. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:06 PM

Hi Amanda - I have my row completed. I just have to finish up the label.

Please let me know when I should send it your way. ;-)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Okay. I am runnung a little behind. i am batteling bacteria infections in both eyes. But I did get one square done. My husband picked the pattern. It is from a quilt calendar 11*11*2011. His fabric is the peace sighns because his freinds call him the happy hippie and I am a total Betty Boop fanatic. I will also probably use some eagle fabric for him and some yellow roses for me and something in one block for daughter who passed. He would like to see the quilt any color and made up of any quilt blocks. So if you all don't mind, mine will not have an actually theme except it has to be YOUR favorite colors and YOUR favoite quilt block(s). I explained to him that our name is making freinds row by row so he says each row needs to be what you all like and I agree. So please whatever you like I will love. I just ask that my row would be in the middle. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166913.jpe   attachment-166914.jpe  
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 PM

Hi everyone!

I finished my row a few days ago. I am not completely happy with it. But, I believe I am going to have to move forward. I am still a newbie quilter and it is the first time I have done the applique. I did do all of the blanket stiches around the flowers by hand. I enjoyed the process and found it very relaxing. :)

I am going to be adding sashing, just purchased the fabric today. I do still need to create a label and then I am totally done.

So, Theresa, if you want you can send me your row. It looks great, can't wait to work with all of these rich colors!

2011 Row Robin - my first row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166938[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166933.jpe  
Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 PM

very very pretty
Originally Posted by amandab
Hi everyone!

I finished my row a few days ago. I am not completely happy with it. But, I believe I am going to have to move forward. I am still a newbie quilter and it is the first time I have done the applique. I did do all of the blanket stiches around the flowers by hand. I enjoyed the process and found it very relaxing. :)

I am going to be adding sashing, just purchased the fabric today. I do still need to create a label and then I am totally done.

So, Theresa, if you want you can send me your row. It looks great, can't wait to work with all of these rich colors!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 PM

gotta love Betty B
Originally Posted by Boop56
Okay. I am runnung a little behind. i am batteling bacteria infections in both eyes. But I did get one square done. My husband picked the pattern. It is from a quilt calendar 11*11*2011. His fabric is the peace sighns because his freinds call him the happy hippie and I am a total Betty Boop fanatic. I will also probably use some eagle fabric for him and some yellow roses for me and something in one block for daughter who passed. He would like to see the quilt any color and made up of any quilt blocks. So if you all don't mind, mine will not have an actually theme except it has to be YOUR favorite colors and YOUR favoite quilt block(s). I explained to him that our name is making freinds row by row so he says each row needs to be what you all like and I agree. So please whatever you like I will love. I just ask that my row would be in the middle. Thanks again.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 PM

Boop56, sorry to hear about your eye infection. Doesn't sound like much fun at all. Don't worry about getting your row out quickly. Take care of yourself and get well.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:50 PM

Boop56 - it is two months before the next deadline, so if you need a little extra time to take care of your eyes and finish up, don't worry. Take care of yourself! Now that I've seen your supercute Betty Boop block and heard more about your theme, I can get to work even before your row gets here and catch up with no problem. What a sweet idea for a theme!

AmandaB - your row is really pretty! Your applique looks great to me. I can't believe you did it all by hand - I'm jumping out of my skin with how long it is taking me to machine blanket stitch mine!

Speaking of how long it is taking... there will be no finished pictures tonight, but maybe tomorrow. All other projects are on hold until I get this done and out the door to Theresa!